Translate

Monday, September 25, 2023

Suppertime Laziness Updated

This week meals  almost echoed last week. I just had had no desire to cook and was not bothered that I had a bad case of the end of summer laziness.



What I thought might happen:
Smoked sausage skillet meal with peppers, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms 
Grilled steak, baked potato, tossed salad
Veggie meal (depends on what the produce stand has when I go Tuesday)
Out to eat
Grilled chicken, caulitato salad, green beans
Some sandwich meal (TBD) 
Cobb salad, with rolls

What really did:
Monday: I had already taken the sausage out of the freezer to thaw so I was committed to this meal. It also used vegetables that needed to be used pronto.
Smoked sausage skillet dinner with onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and potatoes

Tuesday: What can I say? Lazy man's dinner.
Bologna sandwich, coleslaw

Wednesday: I had planned to serve Cobb salad for dinner but that is what TheHub had for lunch. Glad I called him in time to punt. Then he reminded me we were going out for dinner to break up the week.
Out to eat at the new to us Halal place. Falafel, hummus, rice, cucumber salad

Thursday: I had been to Independence Place for a few hours, stopped for some light shopping, came home and wanted a quick dinner. This is one of the  quickest  meals  I can make, especially with fresh scallops already in the fridge.
Sautéed scallops, baked potato, tossed salad

Friday: Date night with a little lightweight shopping and dinner
Out to eat Pita cafe, Racer and tabouli

Saturday: TheHub went to the football game. He and Son2 had a heavy lunch meal (meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans etc)  and he was not particularly hungry. I was dinner apathetic so we had another lazy man's dinner.
Bologna sandwich with/without chips

Sunday: Best Sunday dinner in a while thanks to my butcher at ThePig who showed me the reduced for quick sale stash.
NY strip steak, baked potato, tossed salad


What's next? Uninspired this week which means this probably won't happen*
1. Veggie meal (TBD)
2. Grilled ham and Swiss sandwich, chopped cauliflower salad
3. BLT salad, dinner rolls
4. Stuffed bell peppers, mashed potatoes w/gravy, coleslaw
5. Out to eat
6. Pasta dish TBD, tossed salad
7. Grilled tuna steaks, coleslaw, dinner rolls

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all.

*Do I remotely care if the meal plan happens or not? Nope!
 
For those who read Sluggy’s blog regularly: 
She is unable to post today because her power is out. 
Her love affair with 2023 continues!







16 comments:

  1. I like having sandwiches for dinner! I had a chicken curry sandwich, tonight, in fact! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a bologna sandwich in eons, but we were talking about fried bologna sandwiches the other day. I used to love those, and they may make it into the rotation soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a bologna fan but TheHub is. At least Publix's deli has a decent one

      Delete
  3. Poor Sluggy! I do not like it when the power is out here because it goes out for hours and hours. Ugh! Smoked sausage sounds good. I need to add that to our menu soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last spring some of Son3's friends stayed here during a road trip from NYC to New Orleans. One of them brought a bag of various smoked meats from a Polish butcher shop there as a thank you gift. I froze them and have been using them occasionally since. This was the last bit of deliciousness.

      Delete
  4. Elephant's Child commented on "Suppertime Laziness Updated"
    9 hours ago
    blessed blogger is making it difficult to comment. I am sure you will eat each and every day whether you are on or off plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why I am having this issue with Blogger. I can finally comment but some readers comments are only appearing in the sidebar comment list. So I am going to continue to copy and paste them while growling at the gods of Blogger.

      Delete
  5. I hit a wrong button. Sunday's dinner sounds delicious. We had one of those recently. You have a great week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The steak was great! I hope you have a wonderful week also

      Delete
  6. Your meals all sound delicious to me. Pan frying peppers, onions and other veggies with smoked sausage is one of my favorites. We get a local made chicken sausage that is just so flavorful. You just reminded me it's been awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. End of the summer laziness, I loke that excuse. How about end of the week laziness, end of the month, end of the hour. We could really be onto something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ham and Swiss sandwich sounds fantastic! I am a sandwich and salad gal in the summer, with an occasional cooked vegetable supper thrown into the mix. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would have been better if I had rye bread, but we do like sandwiches and grilled sandwiches are the bomb!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.