Translate

Monday, September 18, 2023

Oops! I Forgot about Dinner

We had plans for the week that did not necessarily include cooking, or at the very least, it called for minimal kitchen time. I seem to be pretty good at cooking avoidance during the summer, and even though it was not blistering hot this week, I still managed to do what I call "real" dinner prep only 1 night this week. 


What I believed might happen:
1. Leftover burgers, leftover fixings, veggie tray
2. Veggie dinner: okra, squash casserole, coleslaw
3. Big salad meal TBD
4. TheHub has a dinner meeting so fridge diving for me
5. Grilled tuna, tossed salad, baked potato
6. Italian meal purchased as a fund raiser for our local high school band
7. Out to eat

What really did happen:
Monday: I had vegetables that needed to be cooked.
Squash casserole, okra, tomato slices

Tuesday: The hub was going to be home after a late meeting then dinner. I was not hungry all day and decided it would be a good time to fast.
Nothing but a glass of iced tea

Wednesday: Reformatted leftovers from Sunday
Hamburger patty, baked potato, tossed salad

Thursday: Pick up for a fund raiser. Go VHHS band!
Lasagne, salad, rolls, chocolate chip cookies

Friday: We celebrated by going to Seasons 52 for dinner.
TheHub: grilled fish with asparagus. Me: Asian salad with seared tune. Shared a side of Mexican street corn and a couple of desserts.*

Saturday: We had leftovers from Wednesday's meal that we needed to use.
Lasagne, roll, marinated sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.

Sunday: I had frozen the remaining two burgers left from the previous Sunday. Dinner made easy!
Burgers with all the fixings

What's up (or at least possibly up)
1. Smoked sausage skillet meal with peppers, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms
2. Grilled steak, baked potato, tossed salad
3. Veggie meal (depends on what the produce stand has when I go Tuesday)
4. Out to eat
5. Grilled chicken, caulitato salad, green beans
6. Some sandwich meal (TBD)
7. Cobb salad, with rolls

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all!



* Seasons 52's desserts are served in containers about twice the size of a shot glass. We usually each order a different one, then share.

16 comments:

  1. We are warming up fast here. Record breaking temperatures for Spring. NOT cooking sounds pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it is hot, cooking is highly overrated.___anne

      Delete
  2. It all sounds wonderful, especially the lasagna. I love lasagna, but, I rarely make it, these days. Need to put together a list of ingredients and make some, once it cools down enough to bake something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't make it because with just the two of us it is not worth the effort. I was happy to support the band and get some really good lasagne in return! __anne

      Delete
  3. just heard that El Nino is officially happening for us this summer. EEk. I do admire your meal plans! I've probably said this before. Mine is so haphazard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the weather is hot it is easier to not really cook, so my plan this week is to minimize time in the kitchen.___anne

      Delete
  4. I could never have just iced tea for dinner because I'm am hungry frequently. But it would be a lot easier if I could fast sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should fast one day a week. A lot of times my mouth is hungry when my stomach is not. ___anne

      Delete
  5. The cobb salad & your smoked sausage skillet sound especially fabulous! Cobb salad is one of my top favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a cobb salad as long as I can make it and leave the egg out.

      Delete
  6. I wish I were so disciplined (to fast) when not especially hungry. Sometimes I think we eat more out of habit v. real hunger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I had no reason to cook, I could actually listen to my body which was just not hungry._____anne

      Delete
  7. I finished the lucky charms, now where do I go?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at squash casserole, okra, and tomatoes! Yum! 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of our favorite meals! ___Anne

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.