We had plans for the week that did not necessarily include cooking, or at the very least, it called for minimal kitchen time. I seem to be pretty good at cooking avoidance during the summer, and even though it was not blistering hot this week, I still managed to do what I call "real" dinner prep only 1 night this week.
What I believed might happen:
1. Leftover burgers, leftover fixings, veggie tray
2. Veggie dinner: okra, squash casserole, coleslaw
3. Big salad meal TBD
4. TheHub has a dinner meeting so fridge diving for me
5. Grilled tuna, tossed salad, baked potato
6. Italian meal purchased as a fund raiser for our local high school band
7. Out to eat
What really did happen:
Monday: I had vegetables that needed to be cooked.
Squash casserole, okra, tomato slices
Tuesday: The hub was going to be home after a late meeting then dinner. I was not hungry all day and decided it would be a good time to fast.
Nothing but a glass of iced tea
Wednesday: Reformatted leftovers from Sunday
Hamburger patty, baked potato, tossed salad
Thursday: Pick up for a fund raiser. Go VHHS band!
Lasagne, salad, rolls, chocolate chip cookies
Friday: We celebrated by going to Seasons 52 for dinner.
TheHub: grilled fish with asparagus. Me: Asian salad with seared tune. Shared a side of Mexican street corn and a couple of desserts.*
Saturday: We had leftovers from Wednesday's meal that we needed to use.
Lasagne, roll, marinated sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.
Sunday: I had frozen the remaining two burgers left from the previous Sunday. Dinner made easy!
Burgers with all the fixings
What's up (or at least possibly up)
1. Smoked sausage skillet meal with peppers, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms
2. Grilled steak, baked potato, tossed salad
3. Veggie meal (depends on what the produce stand has when I go Tuesday)
4. Out to eat
5. Grilled chicken, caulitato salad, green beans
6. Some sandwich meal (TBD)
7. Cobb salad, with rolls
Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all!
* Seasons 52's desserts are served in containers about twice the size of a shot glass. We usually each order a different one, then share.