Translate

Sunday, September 10, 2023

Another Week Of The Joy List

I can't believe how fast this year has flown. How did it happen? 36 weeks of the year are gone. Yikes! 



Sunday: We had a day of rest, laundry then watching the LSU/FSU game. I did get a little decluttering done and also managed to list one item on our local buy nothing FaceBook page. Who would ever have thought an old high school sweatshirt would garner so much interest. Since I try very hard to be fair, I assigned a number to each person who wanted it, then randomly ask DIL2 to pick a number from 
1-7. She picked, I contacted the "winner" and it was picked up, which is one more item out of my hair.

Monday: It was Labor Day in the states which meant TheHub was not working. After a quick trip to the Pig to get the 2 free items and a couple of needed groceries, we mainly stayed at home, ate bbq, then watched Clemson vs. Duke. And, yes I do know we watch a lot of football games around here.

Tuesday: The day was a little bit cooler, and it was gorgeous. Nothing much happened except more cleaning and decluttering.

Wednesday: This was the day to wait for the plumbers. Their deal was "We will call you 20 minute before we get there". I stayed at home waiting for the call which finally came about 2. They were here until just a couple of minutes before 5. Needless to say this was not a frugal day here, but the intermittent water leak was  repaired and a new comfort level toilet was installed in the guest room bath.

Thursday: Just in case I wanted to do something different, it was not going to happen. Carpenters came to the house at 7:30 to rebuild the stairs from the deck to the lower patio. It turned out they came just in time because not only the steps were in bad shape but the risers were starting to deteriorate also. It was an accident waiting to happen, and I am very glad they were replaced, even if it did take until sunset for them to finish.

Friday: Son3 and DIL3 came down about midday from Nashville, then their friend H arrived at dinnertime. Son2 DIL2 and Reesey also joined us. After we ate H taught us a really fun card game called Fours, and we played until everyone was tired and ready for bed. There was much fun, conversation and laughter!

Saturday: TheHub, Son2, Son3, and Friend H went to the Alabama/Texas football game while DIL3 and I stayed home. She got her photoshoot proofs and shared them with me. Oh my goodness they were gorgeous. Then she also showed me the music video she will be releasing Oct 1st. I will be sure to post it then.
She did a little shopping during the day, then came back to the house and made the most delicious focaccia topped with Conecuah sausage, cherry tomatoes, garlic and rosemary.  We ate it for dinner along with salad and raw vegetables. There was plenty left over for the next day (Yum!).
We watched the game on TV and it was a good game to watch (especially if you are for Texas). Bama played badly. and Texas played well.  I think this might be a difficult year for them but Roll Tide, always!
After the game DIL3 and I watched a movie, "Sitting In Bars With Cake" we thought would be a silly chick flick. It took a turn toward seriousness very quickly. We liked it but it was vastly different from what we were expecting. 

Look for your joys no matter how small. They are always out there.

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
Anne


14 comments:

  1. Love reading your weekly joys list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a really nice week. It's always a good feeling to have projects checked off the list. Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The week had some frustrations but several good things happened. And there are some projects checked off the list.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great week full of family, food, and football.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT was definitely filled with all three of those__anne

      Delete
  4. I'm a big fan of sports; baseball, football, curling, gymnastics, diving, etc. so I totally understand the joy of a good game. Of course, we want our favorites to win, but I'm okay when the game is close.
    The joys of home ownership can sometimes be expensive but a finished project feels good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our house was built in the late 80's and things are on their second round of repairs__Anne

      Delete
  5. Today I saw X'mas baked goods and candies are already in the supermarket...unbelievable. I am glad that you had a great week, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I borrowed a Christmas cookie magazine through my Libby today. I can't believe I am already thinking about Christmas cookies, but I am___Anne

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a lovely time with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of embarrassing stories and lots of laughter ensued!___Anne

      Delete
  7. I'd never heard of the 'Buy Nothing' feature on FB -- but just searched, found and joined. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a sometimes easy and sometimes frustrating way to get rid of things we no longer need or want ____Anne

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.