Translate

Monday, September 11, 2023

Plan? What Plan?

We had a weird dinnertime schedule last week with leftovers, take out and sandwiches. Life happens and I just kind of go off plan and along for the ride no matter what happens.


 

This was what I had planned:
Bbq ribs, potato salad, coleslaw
Leftovers TBD once I see what is left over. Will add to the meal as needed
Ham, green beans, tomato slices, cucumber slices, potatoes au gratin brownie ala mode
Cauliflower chopped salad, dinner rolls
Out to eat
Sandwiches TBD
Burgers with all the fixings, some sort of potato side dish, baked beans, coleslaw

This is what we really ate:
Monday: We took the easy way out and bought the ribs already cooked. The rest of the meal was a piece of cake!
Ribs, potato salad, coleslaw

Tuesday: We met TheHub's brother and his wife in Tuscaloosa for a meal. I always love catching up with them, and the food was as good as the company!
Evangeline's Scallops, veggies and salad (TheHub) Pepper bisque, wedge salad (me)

Wednesday: Leftover city!
Leftover ribs, leftover mac and cheese , coleslaw

Thursday: TheHub had bought some deli bologna for sandwiches on Sunday afternoon. It needed to be eaten so that is what we had for dinner.
Bologna Sandwiches

Friday: Guest arrival times were uncertain so I made it very easy on myself.
Takeout  from Costa Mediterranean ziti, tossed salad, breadsticks, peanut butter pie (From Costco and that sucker was huge. Lots leftover)

Saturday: DIL3 is such an accomplished baker and made us a beautiful and delicious bread.
Focaccia with salad and raw vegetables

Sunday: What is better than a burger hot off the grill?
Burgers with all the fixings, potato chips, brownies a'la mode 

Plans that probably will not happen, but I am planning anyway:
1. Leftover burgers, leftover fixings, veggie tray
2. Veggie dinner: okra, squash casserole, coleslaw
3. Big salad meal TBD
4. TheHub has a dinner meeting so fridge diving for me
5. Grilled tuna, tossed salad, baked potato
6. Italian meal purchased as a fund raiser for our local high school band
7. Out to eat

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all

9 comments:

  1. Sounds very delicious to me! You've made me hungry for ribs and potato salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for plants - whether or not they come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plans are the easy part. Fulfilling them, not so easy.__Anne

      Delete
  3. I have never seen a peanut butter pie at our Costco. It must be a regional thing. I don't remember that HH song, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a chocolate peanut butter pie that was delicious but entirely too big. In October we are expecting a large number of houseguests to be here for the Tennessee game and I will buy it again then, but it is too big for a normal size event unless you want 1/2 of the pie leftover.

      Delete
  4. The pie sounds like a great big peanut butter cup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what i've never barbecued my own ribs

    ReplyDelete
  6. That all sounds delicious, especially the ribs. I have chicken cooking today. I may need to add BBQ sauce to it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.