Translate

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Joys week 31

As per my usual for 2020 Wednesday post, I am recounting the joys for each day with the aim of rereading them on New Year's Eve to remember that even the crappiest of days has something joyful. This is the list for the 31st week of the year.

Wednesday: My lovely neighbors came for a swim early in the morning. I got to drink coffee and listen to kid's laughter. I love it! There was supposed to be a huge rainstorm and it did rain buckets__for about 5 minutes. That was not a bad thing ! With as much rain as we have had this summer I was still able to get my groceries without getting wet. Win!

Thursday: Shortly after Dad passed away, I moved all of Mom's banking to my bank. Hers was a large national bank and mine is a smaller regional one. We were having issues with her bank so we emptied nearly all of her funds to new accounts 5 years ago. This days joy was twofold.  I was overjoyed that Dad had the foresight to set up a system which has made this process virtually seamless. Secondly, even though my bank's lobby is not open without an appointment (It's a Covid and mask thing) I  was able to do what needed to be done at the drive in window. Every time I drive up they greet me calling me by name, know the situation, and provide the services I need immediately.  Tending to business without jumping through hoops is a true joy

Friday: TheHub and I went to our local seafood market and found gorgeous, fresh (still smelled like the Gulf) grouper and snapper. The place is expensive, but sometimes (especially with fresh seafood) you get what you pay for and for something so delicious I am willing to buy it every now and then.

Saturday: Red and Helena had a little socially distanced outdoor concert for our neighbors Saturday evening. It was a very cool thing for them to do. Every neighbor that came talked about how much they had missed live music. Afterwards the family had a small cookout for Son2's birthday which was also fun.

Sunday: TheHub and I watched our church service online, then we had a kind of lazy day around the house, which was wonderful.

Monday: The day was gorgeous, kinda hot but beautiful. I had a long swim by myself with nothing but bird songs and blue skies.  I could almost hear Willie Nelson's "Blue Skies" in my mind as I swam laps.

Tuesday: I had a couple of appointments and was dreading one of them. I got pretty good news so I am counting that as a joy. A huge joy, in fact!

So this is the list of the joys for the week. I know there were more that I forgot to write on my list. Joys happen every single day, if we just look hard enough to find them. Hope you find your joy for the week.

20 comments:

  1. I do miss live music a lot, so that was nice to have a concert. I have gotten lucky and the rain sprinkles are all I have had to endure when shopping. Most of the time it pours as we drive and backs off to very light sprinkles as we get home. Groceries in a deluge is never fun. Good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things about having them here is music. I not only get to hear it, but get to be around the process from beginning to end.

      Delete
  2. Fresh seafood is the best. I am looking forward to September 1st for the fishing ban to be lifted. In my country commercial fishing is banned from April till September to give the fish time for reproduction. Bonito is usually the first fish of the season in September over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful. Right now redfish is in season and I have a cast iron skillet and I could blacken it easily.

      Delete
  3. the live music is such a wonderful joy to have on your list. My firend from a former job, havne't seen him in ages, but he dutifully does a Saturday afternoon live Facebook feed of a sidewalk ocncert. Nto wuite the same, but I appreciate it. i echo good customer service and ease in doing transaction as a joy. My dad was so smart about htings as well, and settling his estate was a breeze compared to what it coudl have been like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live music is a joy!
      Thanks to Dad's and Mom's who choose to make life simpler to those left behind.

      Delete
  4. You're right about things often being easier with local institutions. It's a joy to be treated like an actual human being as opposed to just another number/customer isn't it. I mentioned previously on my blog that my son and I had stopped in at our village Mairie to request a residency attestation - and the young woman dropped them off in my mail box the next day on her way home. Such consideration goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personal service is so much better for everyone. It issued that we have lost so much of it.

      Delete
    2. Or it "is sad "which is what I was intending to say before the preemptive spelling hijacked my words

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a joyful week with live music and good news at appointments. :) Continue to seek those daily joys. They redeem each day, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good week. I would love to be able to do some different things, but it is just not going to be happening in my realm right now. Oh well!

      Delete
  6. This week's joys sound pretty spectacular to me. For you, and for your neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small joys mixed with some larger ones make the week really nice!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a very nice week especially the live music. There have been listening from your own vehicle concerts here but the price is ridiculous because it is by vehicle and not person. Since I'd be on my own it doesn't make sense. So I'll keep listening to the radio.
    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free live music is fantastic! We have a local film festival here and it is going to be a drive-in experience this year. They are charging by the person rather than by the car, so we might go to it.

      Delete
  8. I bet Red and Helena enjoyed giving the concert almost as much as the neighbors did hearing it. I wish someone in my neighborhood would give a concert, but I'm still happy with a friendly wave and chat during our walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also been enjoying the neighbors waves and chats. We are talking much more than we did pre Covid

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I know you keep yours as a journal. It is pretty sweet to note the best/happy things that happen each day. It keep my head in a much better space

      Delete
  10. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.