Translate

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

S’mores Brownies



Monday was National S’mores Day and, if I am nothing else, I am a patriot. Who am I to ignore a designated day?  This is not a recipe, but is more of a "how to" so you can be a good patriot too. I am declaring that all National Food Days are now International, so deliciousness will honor no boundaries. 

Needed:
9x9 pan
cooking spray
parchment paper (critical for later brownie removal)
brownie mix and necessary brownie mix ingredients
8 or 9 graham crackers, keep 5 whole and crumble the rest into small pieces
marshmallows
chocolate bars, broken into small pieces (depends on how much melted chocolate you want on top of yours
mini chocolate chips (I used about a tablespoon, maybe 2?)

Grease a 9x9 (Yes I cheat and use Pam) pan then put parchment in the bottom of the pan. Spray the parchment with non-stick cooking spray and place graham crackers on the bottom only of the pan. (Takes about 5 long grahams) Use your favorite brownie mix and make according to the package directions. Spread it across the graham crackers and bake it as the package calls for. (Or make your own from scratch.I am not going to get into an argument about brownie quality, since the magic is all about the toppings) After the brownie is baked let it sit to cool until it is cool enough to touch.

Add a layer of marshmallows. Mini marshmallows would be easiest, but I only had regular sized ones which I cut in half and covered the brownie with. If you choose to cut them, kitchen shears and cornstarch will be your best friend. (Trial and lots of error). Run the pan under the broiler until the marshmallows are toasty and golden brown. but watch it carefully because there is a fine line between toasty and charred.

As soon as you take it out of the oven stick the chocolate pieces in the marshmallows. Sprinkle the mini chips over that, the sprinkle the graham pieces on top of that. I did hand place some of the graham bits upright into the gooey marshmallow, but it is not necessary. 

Even though your mouth says yes, yes, yes; wait until the brownies are cool to cut them. They are still ooey, gooey and delicious, but you can actually get them out of the pan once they are cool.

If you want to be patriotic a little late, or just want to practice your skills for a patriotic National S'mores Day 2021, by all means, go ahead with my blessings!

19 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I found your blog not too long ago, via SAMs, and have been reading back thru. You have some great recipes I will try! I'm very sorry for the passing of your mother. My sympathies to you and family. Celie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty dang good. Welcome to the blog Celie and thank you for your kind words about Mom.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my! That brownie looks "s'more-ish"! Too bad I don't have any brownie mix, graham crackers, marshmallows, or chocolate pieces! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are dangerous. I put them away so others can easily find them but hope they will be eaten and gone before I think too seriously about them.

      Delete
  3. While I have heard (of course) of S'mores I have never had one. Probably just as well because I suspect it is very, very hard to stop at one. The other household resident has much more willpower than I do, and I suspect that after the first they would be all for me - and my waistline and my butt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Covid is killing the Keto thing. As soon as Son3 and DIL3 go back to NYC I am getting back on the Keto train hard and heavy!

      Delete
  4. I have a great and easy one bowl brownie mix form scratch, but the ingredients are expensive. I can't fault a decent borwnie mix that ocme sin uner $200, and often even less on sale-these look like a very fun take on borwnies and would be a bake sale hit, if tey ever come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy the Aldi brownie mix because it is very decent, easy and cheap. I think they are 1.29 at my Aldi

      Delete
  5. It looks delicious, dangerous and tempting. I ate some peanut M&Ms today and I was regretting that. Now? Not at all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are dangerous but now there is only one piece left so I feel a little safer.

      Delete
  6. By the time I read to the end, I was salivating uncontrollably. Man, that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I've just found the perfect dessert for that day when I'm feeling the need to devour chocolate! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i gather that graham crackers are plain biscuits? never sure what we can use instead here but i guess something very plain::-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! The grandkids will love this one- they are all about smores. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.