Translate

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Joys

Every week I post a joy that happened each day, Some days it is more difficult to recount a joy at the end of the day than other days, but there is always something joyful. But,  man oh man, some days you really do have to look, hence today's song!   Tuesday officially ended the 33rd week of the year and  it brings us one week closer to 2020 being over. Hurrah!
I look forward to New Year's Eve when I sit down and review every joy for every day of the year. I know there are things  I will forget and this will be a reminder of how joyful my life truly is.   


Wednesday: Met one of my cousins and her daughter at Mom's. She wanted a couple of the sentimental things my aunt (her mom) had made and given to my mom. I enjoyed the visit with them (thank you both for wearing masks) while we reminisced about various family events.

Thursday: Thursday was a fairly uneventful day, but there is still something wonderful about just waking and watching the hummingbirds flit and fight. Those Ruby Throated males are pretty dang territorial!

Friday: Son3 and DIL3 planned a get together with a long time friend of Son3's. The nicest thing about my house right now is the back yard. They could visit and distance outside and jump in the water whenever they got hot. Since he and his wife have a new baby, they have been isolating themselves to  grocery store runs for the past few months, and since I only go to the grocery store ( no more than once a week) masked and squirting hand sanitizer right and left,  both they and I felt comfortable holding with me their baby. There is nothing more precious than a baby who has learned to ooh and coo then break out in a huge toothless grin!

Saturday: Swimming laps brings me great pleasure. There is something so joyful  about the rhythm, the water, silence except for the sound of bubbles from exhaling underwater, and really good goggles Then as a bonus we found butcher made hot dogs that were delicious!

Sunday: My sister and I cleaned the remaining clothes and shoes from Mom's closet and had them sitting on her porch for pick up the next day. She had over 20 pairs of shoes and most had been wore no more than 5 times, though many were still new in the box.

Monday: I moved a very old floor lamp from Mom's house to mine. It does need a few minor adjustments to work with my decor, but I think it is going to look really good in my living room.

Tuesday:  I found that hummingbirds really do like the potatoes than at flowering. They seem to really like the lavender too. I love watching them and obviously have my yard planted with flowers they are fond of.  Other than the bird watching it wa a pretty crappy day, until the evening. TheHub and I went for a nighttime swim and I love swimming at night.

Hope you find the joy in every single day. Just look for it and be sure to Ac-cen-tu-ate the positive

26 comments:

  1. We got to meet our new little great nephew on Sunday-no holding, and all wiht masks, but I was grateful for that. I like a god quality hot dog, but am avoiding pork an dhaven't found a non prok version of a good hotdog-jus tthe cheapy turkey frnaks. I keep looking for joyful moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried Hebrew National? They are pretty darn tasty. The ones we bought form the butcher were sirloin with seasonings. They really were delicious

      Delete
  2. Your mom and I could have bonded over our love of shoes.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, thanks for the reminder.
    And yes, I am lucky. My life is packed with beauty and joy. Some small - but powerful just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading about your list of joys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a real need to write them down because every single day has something joyful.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad that you are continuing to find those joys even on the days when they seem a bit hard to find. I love the idea of reading it all again, on New Year's Eve. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to sit down with a glass of wine and remember a year of joys

      Delete
  6. I love old floor lamps. I have none here. I would love a hummingbird feeder! I need an old floor lamp rewired. Any suggestions for a shop to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone is really going to appreciate your mother's shoes. And the charity will be happy with the money they bring in. A win-win situation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your list of joys is one of mine - I so enjoy reading them and they're a great reminder to me to enjoy every day! And reading the blog as the music played in the background was a real treat.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love music and have it going nearly all the time. Even if it is not playing i it is playing in my mind.

      Delete
  9. Still cleaning the moms house, I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and it is going to be a continuing job for a while. My cousins son is divorcing and needs to stock a new home. We have the beginnings at least and told him when he is ready to come and get whatever he wants.

      Delete
  10. Getting to hold a new baby - bliss! Followed pretty closely by having a swimming pool at the moment, but definitely in second place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baby was delightful, but I am thinking the pool might be a greater joy because it is recurring!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for that Aretha Franklin! I've never heard that recording before. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what could be better than hummingbirds? (we don't have them here) oh, a new baby competes pretty well!
    what a lovely week and so smart of you to document it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing this as a virtual diary, then Covid hit and now it is a way to keep me sane through the sameness of the days. If I actively look for something joyous I find it.
      Hummingbirds are so much fun to watch and these have been about 4 feet from the window.

      Delete
  13. That certainly sounds like a lovely week. I love your idea of finding joy in each day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is there but some days I have to look very hard for it

      Delete
  14. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.