Translate

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Joys for Week 41


                                     

Every week I write down the joys for each day with the plan to re-read them all on New Years Eve. These are the joys for the 41st week of the joy. Oh and I know I have used this song on one of my joy posts, but this cover by Dr.John came up in my Discover Weekly Spotify list and I loved it so I thought I would share it with you.
                                                 

Wednesday: The day was not particularly fun but was not an awful day. I spent it going through my pantry and food storage, organizing, dating, and getting rid of anything out of date (OK, truthfully it had to be really out of date, like the can of water chestnuts that had gotten pushed back in the corner of the pantry and had expired in 2011. Things that expired in 2019, and I found about 4 of them, I kept and will use them in the coming weeks.) So now everything is up to date and organized so I will use those closest to the expiration dates first. There is a joy in completing a task, but the best and brightest joy of the day was FaceTime with my favorite little girl, who was much more talkative than usual. I think stalling bedtime was a big part her being so chatty.

Thursday: Son2 sent me a picture of one of the participants at Independence Place dressed as Mr. Rogers. It did my heart good to see it. I miss volunteering there, but I understand the need to limit outside contacts as much as possible. I will be glad when some sort of normalcy returns and I can visit with them. 

Friday: Have you ever been overjoyed just because you never have to deal with a particular person again! She is actually a pretty nice person, but she creates issues where none exist then tries to make those issues my problems. I don't know her socially but had dealing with her when she bought Mom's car and didn't take it to be registered within 20 days of purchase. Our state requires that, but they allow you an extra couple of weeks. Unfortunately she did not register it in July, when it was purchased, or August, or September, then called me in October because she was pulled over for not having a current tag in her name and had five days to get one or pay the fine. I had already amended her bill of sale twice, and was tired of it.  Friday I told her this would be the last time I was willing to accommodate her procrastination. That was my supreme joy for the day. Done, done, and done! 

Saturday: A fall Saturday down south means only one thing at our house: ball game time. What a great day for watching games. We watch a minute of a game then do chores but keep the game on and walk back and forth to check on it. I got sucked into watching/listening to the Texas/Oklahoma game and even though I did not have a dog in the hunt, I stopped everything to watch the last 5 minutes of regulation play and then watched all of the overtimes. I love a game where the score ping pongs like that!                           Later Son2 and DIL2 came over to watch the Alabama/Ole Miss game. Watching that ping pong score  during was not so much fun! 

Sunday: I slept until about 8:45, which is a rarity for me. I normally sleep about 5 hours a night so when I woke that morning I was tired from having so much sleep. Additionally I missed our online church service and our class was not having our usual Webex Sunday school meeting.  The day was pretty uneventful until the afternoon.                                                                                                                                            I had a FaceTime call from my favorite little girl. She was painting and wanted me to see all of her work.  We were just about to sit down and eat a late lunch so I promised to call her back. Her Mom and Dad were waiting for the call back more than she was. While she and I talked and drew all kinds of fabulous drawings (butterflies, coral reefs, mermaids, fairies, dragons, dogs, and beach scenes) her mom took a nap and her dad went downstairs to do some office work. I think I was her FaceTime babysitter. No matter what I was, I love spending time with her, even if we are 2,500 miles apart.

Monday: Met up with my sister at Mom's house for some talk about some frustrations dealing with the house. I am tired of talking to idiots (not my sister but people we are having to deal with about various and sundry things) Makes me want to scream, but I do have a wonderful sister to be snarky with and ultimately laugh at the incompetence in the world. Do any of you join me in thinking anytime now someone doesn't do what they are supposed to do they blame it on covid? How in blazes does covid have anything to do with properly posting a home insurance payment to an account, especially when said payment was made over the phone through a credit card? (I have learned to have any transaction we have to do concerning Mom's house or estate, with the exception of utilities, to use a credit card so we have an automatic and official record of the transaction)

Tuesday: I was getting a package ready to mail to Son1's family and was sifting through all of Mom's old costume jewelry. We had already take-out all of her really good jewelry and were getting rid of the other. I found some earrings she used to wear when I was a little kid. They were her "going dancing" earrings and she wore them every time they went. I was glad they did not get tossed!

I hope you have a joy filled week.  Look for it and you will find it!

26 comments:

  1. I love reading these joy posts and I'm so glad you are able to find something to be joyful about each and every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to clean out my pantry (and in particular, my freezer). Who knows what treasures I'll find? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My freezer is set for either tomorrow or next week, but I have to get it done right away.

      Delete
  3. Like your joys, and yes, I have been overjoyed when I didn't have to deal with a particular person anymore! 😊 Good for you! I have finally learned how to deal with the pantry after all these many years, I finally started using everything without aimlessly buying more in the grocery store and now it's easy to find stuff in there and use it, but I have to keep at it, and watch my impulse shopping!
    I've always loved Dr John and his music, great little video, thanks for sharing it! Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all kinds of music but I particularly love his voice.

      Delete
  4. I have had a few people that I'm overjoyed to no longer have to deal with, particularly since I worked in HR the last 20 years of my working life. There are always some people whose laziness or incompetence makes them think it's ok to dump it all back on you aren't there! And thank goodness for Facetime so you can see your granddaughter. Just imagine how sad it was all those years ago when none of this wonderful technology was available! It's not the same as being face-to-face but it's definitely a good second best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be forever grateful to whomever thought of the idea of FaceTime. It has enhanced my life more than any other invention, except maybe the washer and dryer.

      Delete
  5. /two Pip conversations-great joy! I hope that person truly is out of your hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sent messages again today. My fault for selling her the damn car in the first place. If I had known it was going to be like this I would have just donated the car to a car ministry.

      Delete
  6. The woman with the car could have caused problems for you far greater. As I understand it, if she had had an accident, all the problems could fall on you. It's is a good thing to be done with her. Okay, I put up a picture of me. Really, someone said he could see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept photo copies of all the times I changed her Bill of Sale in my phone just in case. I am done with her now.

      Delete
  7. Love your joys. I suspect the conversations with your favourite little girl were the stars this week.
    And yes, I am over Covid and an excuse. It is sometimes a very valid reason, but it is getting used toooo much as an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conversations with Pip are always the highlight of the week.

      Delete
  8. I love your Joy postings. They help remind me to enjoy the little things like a fresh rain, a fall storm (I like windstorms), walking the dog when I feel good, my husband, a few hours spent with Mom....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when you really reflect on what brought you the most joy in the past it is the little things in life. Other things and times are fun, but sheer joy comes in a much smaller package.
      I hope you are feeling better, and how wonderful to have Buddy by your side.

      Delete
  9. I can't imagine extending someones time line three times for no reason. Maybe chemo? I don't know? Lil sis just sold mom's old desk and wanted to know if she should split the 50 dollars three ways. I laughed at her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine this woman has some financial issues as well as a few other issues. She is about the age of my oldest son, but until she told me when she graduated from high school I honestly thought she was my age. Life has not been kind to her, whether by chance or her choices. I have tried to be very nice but I am past my limit.

      Delete
    2. You can only do so much to help someone before you become an enabler. I hope the new car owner can figure out how to get it registered, but it's not your problem any more.

      How old is Pip now?

      Delete
    3. Pip will b 7 in November. Time flies!

      Delete
  10. I really enjoy reading your weekly joys posts and how you manage to find some joyful thing, each day. I'm glad you got to talk with your favorite little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too Bless. She and I are writing stories together on FaceTime now. It is fun, probably more fun for me than for her.

      Delete
  11. I truly enjoy reading your weekly joys - they bring a smile to my face each time. I'm so glad you got to spend time with your granddaughter. She sounds like so much fun! My Eli isn't quite old enough to carry on a conversation for more than a few minutes.

    Yes, there are a number of people who I'm glad to see the last of - for various reasons.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FaceTime is a weird way to communicate. In the past year she has gotten to where she will is and have a conversation.

      Delete
  12. It sounds as if you had a good week overall. I love the Dr. John music.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.