Translate

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Week 42?!?



                                   Pink Floyd's "Time" The actual song begins at about 2:13

When I started this post for the week I was stunned. Only 10 more weeks are left in this year! How is that possible? How does a year that has been so difficult still manage to pass so quickly?  So I am definitely in the downside of the year and have had 42 weeks worth of joys.

I am tempted to look back over the posts to see what I have experienced this year, but I do think I will refrain until NYE. I believe it will be good for my soul and even though time is passing much faster than I thought it would, I am still looking for joy every single day.

Wednesday: I had not forgotten TheHub's birthday, I had just not realized Wednesday was the 14th until mid morning. So I texted him greetings then called him later to find what he wanted for his special birthday dinner. I would love to say I went all out with cake and candles and created a gala affair for the birthday, but in reality we just don't do them big, and had both decided we wanted no presents this year. So we had a simple dinner of his choosing, no cake because neither of us are eating sugar, and ended the evening with an episode of The Americans.  We are currently in season five an to be honest I am getting tired of it, but still want to see it to the end. But honestly, how many close calls can 2 people have and still remain under the radar? 
After the show he had a FaceTime visit with our favorite little girl, who called to tell him Happy Birthday and to show him her newest American Girl addition. She got a dog to go with her dolls which looks remarkably like her real dog. Her dog's name is Matzo so she named the lookalike toy dog Mitzo. 
That single FaceTime visit made his day! Mine too!

Thursday: The day was a normal stay at home day, as they all pretty much are now. I did get a lot of cooking for the freezer done, as well as a couple of small projects finished. Then after dinner, I had a FaceTime call from my favorite person. This time she wanted for me to watch her make her toy dragon fly, which meant I watched her run through the house with one hand holding the dragon and the other holding her dad's phone. It is a little hard to watch and can make me a little dizzy sometimes, but she is my favorite girl and worth dizziness. Afterward I had to watch a bit of "Hocus Pocus" with her while she held the phone between her knees. It was another adventurous viewing and I like watching tv on the diagonal.(Not)  I was secretly glad she only had about 15 minutes left in the movie, but I did hang in there with her, and left the call with a homework assignment. I was to watch "How to Train Your Dragon, Part 2 before Friday evening, so we could discuss it. You can bet I made that happen!

Friday: The morning was kind of gloomy, so I decided to listen to some jazz, but not just any jazz__Christmas jazz!   Geeze, the holidays are just about on us so I figured I might as well get a jump on the spirit. Spotify satisfies my thirst in so many ways. 

Saturday: Ball Game Day! Once again new started the day by watching/listening to "Game Day" on ESPN then moved on to the games. Even when we are out running around we have a game on the radio to keep up with it. The biggest bummer of the day? We went to a fairly new to us produce stand and it was not open. I hope everyone in their family is ok. They say they are there until first frost, so I hope nothing has happened to any of them. 
Later in the day, our favorite little girl FaceTimed us again. She needed an audience to watch her fly her dragon, so naturally I watched. Some days it would help to take dramamine before talking with her.
By early evening Son2 and DIL2 came over to watch the game (Roll Tide) and have a birthday celebration for TheHub. 

Sunday: We enjoyed online church then Webex Sunday school. Afterward we both did a couple of quick chores before settling down for a short Sunday nap. (chair for TheHub, love seat for me)  There is something about falling asleep on a Sunday afternoon that is incredibly restful. It is the only day of the week we nap, and it feels so  good. If our favorite girl in the world had not FaceTimed us we might still be asleep! More dragon flying and telling what she would like for her birthday was the main conversation!

Monday: Housework should not be joyful and it isn't, but walking into a house that finally has all of the things I brought home from Mom's in a designated place rather than sitting on the dining room table is joyful to me. (Except for the shoebox filled with candles and 3 strings of Christmas lights I brought home after I checked on the house Monday, and where are they? Oh yeah, on the dining room table!)

Tuesday: I had a few things I wanted to spray paint to transform them from Mom's taste to mine. Got them done and they look pretty good. Also I was able to go by the produce vendor and they were there. We have another week of summer produce! 
The last joy is sentimental. I found my favorite childhood dress in the cedar chest at Mom's house and sent it to my favorite girl. The package arrived Tuesday and she took it out and planned her outfit around the dress for school pictures tomorrow. I also sent jewelry I had as a young girl and she  is evidently going bejeweled also. I can't wait to see a picture of it. She has a unique sense of style.


                                       This is right after the unboxing when she tried it on.

Live the day looking for joy!


      

30 comments:

  1. I love your joyful posts, such a positive thing to do. I can't believe how fast this year has flown by either. Happy belated birthday to your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the days have been long but the weeks have been so fast this year.

      Delete
  2. You found some spectacular joys this week. Always welcome, and too often they fly under our radar. I am so glad that you are looking out for them (and recording them).
    Here's to a joy packed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And likewise to you! I am sure that spring popping out there brings extreme joy!

      Delete
  3. You spent some quality time.Great post!
    Have amazing rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They joy Pip has is contagious. Just hearing about her exuberance makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is all out! She does nothing halfway and I do adore that child!

      Delete
  5. I love that your granddaughter has now got your favourite dress. How sweet is that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that she is taking a very old dress and making it her own! Why did I never think to pair it with red leggings when I was a kid? Oh yeah, there was no such thing as legging in the dark ages.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the smiles and a very happy belated Birthday to your husband. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will be interesting when you look back at these posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will too, but there should be a marked difference in what I found joyful pre-mid March vs post covid

      Delete
  8. Wow, only ten weeks left? That seems unreal! The call from your granddaughter to wish your hubs a happy birthday was so sweet. I'm glad it made his day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you read these on NYE, I'm sure there will be laughter, tears, and more joy, that you were able to find the joy in every day.

    Oh, the last item had me nearly in tears (and I don't cry easily). To imagine your sweet granddaughter wearing a dress and jewelry from your childhood is just so very touching.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will love recalling the joy I found each day!
      I was thrilled she liked it!

      Delete
  10. Some people would disappoint a little girl by refusing to watch the movie with her. You are not one of those people. You're too good and loving for that. I hope we can see her photo. Franklin and Penelope liked the bells/alarms at the beginning of the song.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am generally up to no good, but I do love that child and will do whatever she wants to do. My son sent a pic of her right after she opened the box.

      Delete
    2. Forgot to say I added it to the post

      Delete
  11. How sweet that your GD is going to wear your dress for school photos :) That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how wonderful that your mother kept your favorite dress and you were able to send it to your granddaughter! She looks absolutely adorable in it! Teaching dragons to fly can be very hard, but, I am glad she is able to share her progress with you! :D So cute!

    Only 10 more weeks left? What? How did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I had thought to style it like she did. I wore the satin tied in the back with a big bow. Wearing leggings would not have been allowed when I was in the first grade. Girls wore dresses and hard soled shoes to school

      Delete
    2. Sash!!!Why in the heck would this stupid preemptive think I meant to say satin?

      Delete
  13. I loved seeing Pip! What a sweety and so special. I am enjoying your joy posts rven if not mu joys they bring smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is wonderful and marches to the beat of her own drum. I love that about her.

      Delete
  14. I love the dress and the fact it fits AND she likes it. How old is she? I forgot. Did your mother make the dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will be 7 on her birthday. Dad was on a business trip in Chicago and bought the dress for me. I think it is the only bought dress I had until I was old enough to earn money to buy my own.

      Delete
  15. House cleaning should not be joyful? Why, that flies in the face of everything I learned from Mary Poppins. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too, but I have yet to find a spoonful of anything makes housework fun.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.