Translate

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Tuesday 4 Questions

I have been following Annie as she asks 4 questions each Tuesday. This week is not so much a theme, but just 4 random questions. this was more difficult for me than a theme based series of questions and I had to think a little harder for question number 3.

   



1. You have won a trip and can choose to go to Hawaii or  Paris? I would probably go to Hawaii, but I would only choose it because Son1 and his family go there regularly and would coordinate my trip to coincide with theirs. We do not see them often and I would love to be somewhere at the same time they were. TheHub and I would have our own accommodations but would be available for pool duty with Pip (bliss for us) and babysitting for her at night so her mom and dad could have some adult dinners out.  Summer or Winter? I think they go in late spring, so that is when I would go 

2. Little dog or big dog which do you prefer?  I have never had a small or large dog. I grew up with beagles and as an adult we only had beagle sized mutts, so I guess I am a medium size dog lover. Though, Son2's dog, Shelby, (who lived here for a while) is larger and I do love that dog.

3. Which TV/book/movie character do you  identify with, and why?  TV?  Though she was not on a tv show I used to see her regularly on comedy specials, Rita Rudner. She is so sarcastic without sounding mean or cruel.                                                                                                           Movie character? I don't remember the characters name but it was whoever Kristen Wiig played in Bridesmaids. She is flawed and awkward, but deep down a pretty nice person.Book Character? Myrna Minkoff, a minor character in A Confederacy of Dunces. She shoots straight from the hip,  and is fascinated by a particularly unusual person who has no idea what an odd duck he really is. 

4. What did you wish for last, like at your birthday or when throwing a coin into a fountain? For my birthday I wanted nothing. After going through everything at Mom's house I realized I have more than I need and want for nothing.  My biggest wish is for a national return to civility.                                                          Christmas wish list? I just wish to have a peaceful Christmas, shared with people I love. Can I add a vaccine or treatment/cure for covid to my wish list?                                                                                                      Something that you need to buy? Other than basic needs, food, toiletries and elastic for masks I don't think I need a thing. I have always been a fairly low maintenance gal, and now that covid changed the norm I have hit an all time low. Lipstick? What is it for anymore?                                                                                                             I did order 3 cotton tees with 3/4 length sleeves to wear during the winter. I don't like to do housework or cook wearing long sleeves because the cuffs always gets damp when I wash my hands. (If I am cooking I wash my hands a ridiculous number of times.) Since it looks like I am going to be at home lot this winter I might as well have something functional to wear. I am kind of a function over form gal anyway.


p.s. I am getting in line with all of you who hate this new blogger format. WTH!

28 comments:

  1. Love your answers.
    I am definitely function over form as well.
    And I hear you about dipping my sleeves into things I am cooking/cleaning.
    Function over form and a grub as well.
    PS: I have dug out some early photos of me and will feature them on Sunday Selections in answer to your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see the pictures.
      I am just so basic that fancy is lost on me.

      Delete
  2. Great responses and I know why I like you! I love the idea of vacationing with my immediate family and getting to share in the experience with future grand children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish we could see Pip more than we do. I love that child as big as the sky.

      Delete
  3. 1) Hawaii. I love Paris, but don't consider bit cities to be a "vacation", as I get caught up in needing to see the sites & exploring every second. I find Hawaii to be very relaxing. We are taking my parents (plus the kids), when things open up again, as a 70th birthday gift for my dad.
    2) I'm probably more of a moderately large dog (lab) fan
    3) Love this question, but have nothing. I don't want much TV, but for whatever reason, am struggling to come up with a good book option.
    4) I'm in agreement with you on returning to civility, kindness, & empathy. Agreed on the Christmas wish list - getting to spend time with my family, as safely as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had trouble on all of number 3. If I had to give myself a label it would be "delightfully odd" and the characters on tv, movies or books are usually either women who save the world ( or something in their world) or milk toast people. I am neither.

      Delete
  4. Good reason to go to Hawaii! I agree with #4, I have so much to get rid of with downsizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I am of the age when possessions are not primary to my life (She said as she moved a ton of her Mom' things into her house)

      Delete
  5. Somewhat off topic but I remember "accidentally" seeing LeeAnn Womack in Gstaad in 1990. We used to go to the big country music festival organized there and while the Mavericks were the main act she was a supporting act (and very heavily pregnant). Gosh, I can't believe she's in her 50s now (but then I guess I can't believe I'm 62 either)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to cater for bands in town and catered for her when she was barely a pup and was fronting for Kenny Chesney (I think)
      Funny you mentioned the Mavericks. TheHub keeps a couple of their cd's in his car player all the time and every single time I ride with him I hear them.

      Delete
  6. I'm not a big fan f the new Blogger format either. I would love to go to Paris or Hawaii. It would be hard to pick one. I wear short sleeves because I don't want to get them wet when doing chores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't stand the new blogger and can't figure out the spacing.

      Delete
  7. Really enjoyed reading your answers. I like the song you selected, too. I am someone who chooses to sit out; I need to choose to dance, more often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it weird that going through your mother's things makes you realize you want and need nothing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is going through them, bringing stuff home, then having to make a place for it here, made me realize how much I have (and need to get rid of)

      Delete
  9. Hawaii, Mid-size dog, I identify with T'Pol from Star Trek Enterprise obviously because she is very logical yet, she does have feelings despite being a Vulcan. Mom passed on my last birthday so, I do not want any celebrations on my birthday anymore. I even hid my birthday info on Facebook. Receiving messages and calls from friends used to give me great joy but, no more. I really do not need anything. Like yourself, I am trying to de-clutter at every opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the resistance to celebrating a day filled with angst, but you have to think, what would your mother want? Mine would never want us to remember her with sadness, but would want us to remember her huge smile and laugh. Plus Mom loved celebrating each family birthday.

      Delete
  10. 1) Paris. I've been to Hawaii, and was underwhelmed. In fact, I won't go back. The beaches in the Panhandle of Florida are prettier, the water warmer, and it's less of a trek. I'd go in summer.
    2)I detest dogs. I mean, I really, REALLY am can't stand them anymore. They are dirty, needy, annoying globs of time and money sucking flesh. I currently have two dogs--a Mastiff and a terrier. They both irritate me to no end, yet I don't know what I'll do without them. NOT get another dog, for starters.
    3) Growing up, I thought I identified a bit with Francie from "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." Now I pull more of a Professor McGonagall spirit.
    4)The last wish I had was that Trump is soundly, SOUNDLY defeated. My Christmas wish list is small--I saw some really cute dish towels and oven mitts with honeybees on them--I'd like those. But, basically, I have all I need, and most of what I want. I'd be happy if I could find the candied fruit for my fruitcake soon, though. As far as buying anything--nothing other than the texts for my kids' college classes, and whatever happens with the property we are developing. I'm in a stage of culling things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am culling my things as well, and at the same time adding different things from Mom's house. I think we feel guilty getting rid of o many things that were precious to her.

      Delete
  11. Great questions - I don't think I could answer number 3 at all. Not very many characters resonate enough with me.

    As for #1, I'd probably choose Hawaii. I've been to Paris once, and while there are things I'd like to see there that we didn't have time for, I no longer enjoy the go here, go there and far prefer a more relaxed vibe. A friend and I spent ten days on Oahu several years ago - next time I'd like to try out Maui. I'd go in February as if memory serves that's when the whale watching is the best. Plus the weather is crap here!

    Not a dog person - I like other people's dogs well enough but I prefer a cat. My two are getting up in years, the oldest is over 20, the youngest 12. I don't plan to get another after these two are gone.

    Your wish list echoes mine as far as civility in the world, though a close second is a reliable vaccine. I had to think hard for Christmas and decided on sheets - my daughter will buy them and my son will pay half the cost. There isn't a whole lot I want or need and those things I can get for myself - a few t-shirts, some crafting material and I'm set.

    Still haven't dragged out the family albums from the basement but I haven't forgotten. I need to vacuum tomorrow so I'll be sure to look for them then.

    Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about gifts and except for my granddaughter no one in our family has any real needs and very few wants

      Delete
  12. I am a fan of medium sized dogs too. I had a corgi..she passed away a year ago. Such a loyal dog. I love all dogs though. I have a black lab and she is also wonderful.
    I am not a fan of the new blogger layout either. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1--I would choose Hawaii since I have always wanted to go there. However, maybe Stonehenge on the summer soltice so I can get up close would be better.
    2--Border Collie for me. But, I like labs. Actually, I am afraid of dogs and allergic to them.
    3--I have no idea!
    4--This may be the only time that "World peace" is not a bad answer. I would like a new bed and mattress. Santa will not be bringing it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to Stonghenge and I guess I just dod not have the proper appreciation for it. I am glad I saw it, but I don't have to ever return.
      Border collies are so cute and so smart, but they are super high energy dogs. My BIL has one on their farm and he is happiest when he is working the cattle.

      Delete
  14. I love Confederacy of Dunces. I read it while I lived in New Orleans, so much of the book was familiar. I haven't thought about it for a while. I'll have to see if I can dig out my copy and give it another look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it every year for about 15 years. Now I just look at it occasionally.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.