Translate

Friday, June 25, 2021

Keeping Up With the Wild Child's Joys

And now the 25th week of the year has passed and once again I am listing my daily joys. They are still mostly small joys, but they bring me happiness anyway.  I did venture out a little this week and went to not 1, but 2 restaurants. 
I have heard the theory that covid vaccinations allows the government to track our goings and comings. If true, I feel so sorry for the individual assigned to me. What a lame report__"She went to Aldi once, her mother's house 5 times, CVS once, the paint store, out to eat twice, and she dropped off some donations at Goodwill." I don't believe it at all, but still it is fun to imagine how frustrating it would be for some operative to have to keep tabs on this wild child!


I really do like the Hammond organ  used in this song

Friday: The painters were almost finished, of course, when the last little bit will be finished___who knows? My beautiful DIL who works in home health care had some clients near me, so I got to visit with her a little bit. She is the kindest person I think I have ever met. I am so lucky!
TheHub and I had some nice swim time before we ate. It really is just lovely to be able to enjoy the water in the evening. 

Saturday: We had a rainy day in the house. When the tropical storm in the Gulf made landfall  we only  had heavy rains and wind, but the winds were not extreme which was a huge joy!

Sunday: The rains disappeared and we had an incredibly hot and humid Father's Day! Son2 and DIL2 came over to visit and then I made TheHub's favorite Father's Day dinner___grilled steak and salad, while having a phone call with a friend who makes me laugh! 

Monday: We did not go to Mom's except to check the mail. Huge joy. The day was pretty uneventful but TheHub and I did have a great pre-dinner swim. We had so much rain over the weekend that the water was cold. Talk about getting your motor running!

Tuesday: I had to do some running around to pick up supplies for handyman Jerry (Best handyman in the world, and having him to this work is an extreme joy)  He was repairing some of the damage to the sheetrock in the basement bath. (The wall paper removal took a lot of the sheetrock with it)
Afterward I worked upstairs to get the guest room ready for our weekend guests. Not a fun thing to do especially since it was loaded with TheHubs lake crap, but now it is done and everything is good.
Later we went to a party at a local restaurant. (Private dining room with all vaxed friends)
The most special joy, though was the monthly check-in  by one of my favorite bloggers. Wishing her nothing but joy.

Wednesday: My beloved sister and I worked cleaning at Mom's. It seems that none of the workers can clean after they finish a job so we are left with a  ton of sawdust, dust, plastic sheeting, paint splotches, . . . residue of all kinds.  Other than having to clean all the time I am pleased with the results. Once we get it "staged", or as staged as a vacant house can be, I'll be posting some pictures of it. So what is the joy in cleaning? We only have to clean 2 more rooms and we are waiting on the electrician (June 30) for that!

Thursday: I had a lovely day mostly at home watching/listening to "Arrow" while I was working in the house, to finish getting it ready for houseguests. I pulled up Netflix on my laptop then run the audio via bluetooth through Alexa. I can crank up the volume and keep up with the shows while I do other things, and just glance at the screen as I walk by. I'm sure I miss out on some of the nuances of the series, but I just don't care.
I did manage to take a car filled with donations to Goodwill. It is not my preferred donation place. I had much rather donate to the Exchange Club, or King's Ranch, but Goodwill is much closer and sometimes I use "any port in a storm". The items were donated and out of my hair!

So go have a great week finding your joys, either large or small!





31 comments:

  1. As always, love reading this. I struggled this week, but there were still joys to be found. My sister & her family enjoying Hawaii this week. Sam continuing to love his new soccer team. Walks with a friend during soccer practices. An abundance of zucchini. Giving away board games on Buy Nothing to people who are so excited about the summer fun potential... lots of wins, if you are looking for them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be struggling too, if I had to go back to real life after your near perfect vacation!
      I have found I have to look for joys sometimes, but they are always there!

      Delete
  2. My greatest joy from this week is that my dog Slim survived. She is 16 and suddenly could not walk. I rushed her to the vet. They kept her all day. Diagnosis: slight stroke, arthritis and blood work and Xrays good. Best health of a 16 year old dog they ever saw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. I wish someone would zap a house for my daughter. She still can't find what she wants or is beat out before she even gets a chance to make an offer. I do that with YouTube while cleaning and getting things done-It just feels like I have someone else in the house with me while I work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the third time I have posted this. Maybe it will work this time!
      I hope you daughter finds a house soon. I know it is frustrating to keep looking and come up empty handed.

      Delete
  4. You sweet lady - right back atcha :) I would be boring as well. Home Home grocery store ocean home lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I certainly don't think people are being microchipped with the vaccinations, you can most definitely be tracked through the covid apps. But in the end, FB, Amazon and everyone else and his uncle probably could find out what you've done and where you've been if they wanted to so I can't say I worry about it. Like you, my life isn't a whorl of excitement right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about as exciting as watching paint dry, but I did wear earring for the second time since the quarantine began. I was excited to find my ears are still pierced!

      Delete
  6. Love your joys. And yes, anyone tracking my day would fall into a boredom coma. Quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would make a great spy because I am so dull no one would ever suspect me.

      Delete
  7. It sounds like a great week Anne! These crazy theories crack me up. If the government wanted to track us it's called cell phones. Google knows every single thing we do in our lives. How about the theory that the vaccine will make us magnetized. Some of the posts on twitter about that were so funny. Girl says I just walked in to the kitchen and look what happened - her photo with utensils stuck all over her face lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crazy theories are funny to me too, but some of by products of them are hilarious.

      Delete
  8. Hah, agree with Martha. The same people who are afraid of the government tracking through vaccines are the very same ones who can barely function without a cell phone attached to their hands, or a GPS in their car, for that matter. Idiots. I am past the point of finding it funny, because, actually, that people in this country are so stupid is terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If they follow me they will think I am in a jail cell. It is the shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope the beacon is not sophisticated enough to hone in on what my one hour bladder requires!

      Delete
  10. Oh, I wish I could find a handyman Jerry to work on my house! Still, my joys this week include finding a plumber to fix the shower and kitchen faucet! I now have hot water in my shower and a new kitchen faucet that doesn't drip! If anyone is keeping track of me and my movements, they'll be so disappointed! Google used to send me monthly reports indicating where I've been through my cell phone tracking, but, even they have given up on me and stopped sending me reports the past couple of months because - surprise! I haven't been anywhere! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I secretly love the fact that Google lacks interest. I think my GPS has declared me nonexistent since I haven't used it on over a year. I go so few places, I am never somewhere I have not been time after time for years.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. One has to laugh either at oneself or at the antics of others.

      Delete
  12. I feel sorry for the person assigned to spy on me (using the computer chip implanted when I got my vaccinations, but why did it take two shots?). I leave the house even less than you do. It should be interesting to sell your mom's house with the market we have now. I look forward to seeing pictures.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think even some IA program assigned to me would give up!

      Delete
  13. The list where you go is more exciting than mine. I didn't even make it to Aldi's this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For my post covid world, I have been a veritable party gal this week!

      Delete
  14. I laugh when I hear or read of someone suggesting the vaccine allows tracking...do they ever look at their cellphone? :)

    Sounds like things are getting close to done at your mom's. Good luck with those painters - I guess they don't really care about any positive references.

    Enjoy your swim time, it sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I finish this I am going to get in the pool!
      I laugh at all the conspiracy theories about the vaccine also, but I won't be laughing if these folks cause another quarantine!

      Delete
  15. Google maps knows everywhere my phone has been for the last two years so I'm not too worried about the chips in the vaccine!
    You seem to be having a grand time, long may it last!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't worry about being tracked. I am quite sure they would get bored.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.