Translate

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

June Photo Scavenger Hunt

I decided to join in with Mary-Lou @ Patio Postcards  for the 2021 Summer Photo Scavenger Hunt  Challenge. Below is the list of prompts for the month. This is my first ever, and my June post. I might be taking some liberal interpretations with the prompts, but that is just how my puddin' head works! 


June:   A Breakfast of Champions  
           Favourite Time of Day
           Something To Represent Home But Not The Building
           Head In The Clouds; shapes or interesting patterns
           The Art Of The Fold
June:   Something That Makes You Laugh or Happy
           What's In Bloom
           Window Views
June:   Something Older Than You  
           The Delivery Van/Truck Making The Deliveries
           The Shape of Round/Circular
           Something That Is Cause For Celebration
June:   Your Marie Kondo Moment – Or Not 
           Inside Your Fridge Or Cupboard
June:  Your Best Doodle Art (not public graffiti) 
           A Guilty Pleasure; Something That Recharges You
           An Exit
June:   Upside Down, Right Side Up  
           Steps, But Who's Counting 
           Decades Of Sharing; find something in your home that is from the 70's or80's or 90's or 00's


ALTERNATES:
A: show off your  COVID safety; masks, cleaning, or other related supplies
B: a local landmark
C: the most beautiful landscape photo of the season

   Something That Makes You Laugh or Happy
TheHub went to parochial school and I saw this one day, bought it and gave it to him. He immediately named her Sister Rita. This weekend my SIL was here, saw it and said it reminded her of Sister Rita. Then both she and TheHub started sharing Sister Rita horror stories. My only regret is that when wound she no longer spits fire!


                                                          Upside Down, Right Side Up
You tell me! 

Breakfast of Champions

This is my breakfast of champions every single day. I am not fond of having food in my mouth until much later in the afternoon. Though I probably should not, I have 3 cups of black coffee each morning.



Something Older than Me

This clock is older than me, you, and anyone alive today. 


My Marie Kondo (or not) Moment

I don't have a dresser, but store all my folding clothes in an armoire. 
I try to keep it like this, but it requires straightening once a week. When I let it go a couple of weeks between tidying it gets pretty gnarly.

Best Doodle Art
Maybe not the best but the most recent
Sticky note art while "On hold" with AT&T to resolve an over-billing issue

So far this has been pretty enjoyable and requires nothing more than snapping a picture with my ever handy phone. This next round might be a little harder though!

 


29 comments:

  1. That was fun. My doodles are random geometric shapes. I like yours better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I start with a random swirl then see where it leads me. That day the beard was the swirl and I guess he decided he lived on the sticky note. I seem to find faces in nearly everything.

      Delete
  2. You seem to be very well organized. My closets and drawers are a mess. Maybe because I drink a pot of coffee a day instead of only 3 cups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not terribly organized but I like to be able to see my clean clothes at a glance so I know what my options are

      Delete
  3. Fun!
    The Sister Rita cracked me up. I wonder if all parachoal school children have a Sister Rita?
    Love your doodle too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my childhood next door neighbors had Sister Veronica as their Sister Rita

      Delete
  4. Sister Rita reminds me of Sister David, Sister Philomena, Sister Rita Mary....
    Tell TheHub I feel his pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he does not look back fondly on some of his elementary teachers, all of whom were nuns>

      Delete
  5. That's my breakfast of champions, too! I think a lot of people have a Sister Rita in their life. Alas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not have a Sister Rita, instead I had Mrs. Ray AKA Prune face

      Delete
  6. Thanks Anne for joining in SPSH, you are off to a good start. I like your nun, Sister Rita, it makes me laugh too. WOW your doodle art is very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sister Rita must have been a terror. My SIL said she was the meanest human she has ever met.

      Delete
  7. I think we've all got a Sister Rita in our past haven't we! Love that doll though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I start to declutter I always look at her and think we could live without her, but no__we really can't.

      Delete
  8. This is a fun take on the prompts. Like you, I don't like to eat early - and on going nausea means it is often quite late before I can face food at the moment.
    I am v glad that I didn't have a Sister Rita in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one in the 5th grade, same vitriol but without the ruler

      Delete
  9. I love the clock.
    Your doodle is also very nice. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clock belonged to my folks and never worked a single day they had it. They bought it at an antique store somewhere in Pennsylvania when I was 6 or 7. After Mom died my sister got the antique school clock and I got the non working one. I brought it home, sat it on the chest and it started ticking and now keeps perfect time as long as I remember to wind it.

      Delete
  10. What a lovely clock! It sounds as if there are a lot of people who can relate to Sister Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job! I love the nun, that cracks me up. She would be Sister Marie in my house lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody has someone like that somewhere don't they!

      Delete
  12. I like Sister Rita and your doodle. The clock is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Everyone that knows me knows the tales of the infamous Sister Rita, and now she has gained a wider audience!

      Delete
  13. Those are great photos for the prompts! Great doodle! I especially like the Upside Down/Right Side Up photo. I'm afraid I can't relate to Sister Rita, but, my mother and her sisters had horror stories about the Irish nuns who taught them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a chronic doodler if I am on hold for phone conversation.
    I think everyone who was taught by nuns has at least one Sister Rita in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That nun is the best. I once covered an anniversary celebration at a Catholic school and chatted with some alums. They told hilarious stories about the nuns.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a fun little lady isn't she. I think every kid who ever went to a parochial school has a nun horror story!

      Delete
  16. You have some great choices. I love your doodle. Mind are normally just flowers or lines :0)

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.