Translate

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Thai Time

Want something that sounds exotic, tastes great and takes just minutes to make? Then this is the dish for you.

Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps

1 tablespoon olive oil (can also use coconut oil)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced ( Except I don't mince. I use a garlic press. Shhh__don't tell)
5 scallions, sliced in rounds
1/2 pint mushrooms, chopped in small bits
1 pound ground chicken (use turkey if it is easier to find)
1 tablespoon Sriracha
2 tablespoons coconut aminos (can use soy sauce instead)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
sprinkle or more of dried red peppers (I love hot stuff but you can eliminate this)
clean dry lettuce leaves (Boston Bibb, butter, or red leaf all work well)

This is about the easiest thing you can make for a quick dinner that tastes like you actually slaved over it.
Put the olive oil in a skillet, bring to medium high heat, and add the chopped onion. Cook until it is translucent than add the garlic stirring quickly so it will not burn. Toss in the scallions and mushrooms and stir until they are soft, then add the chicken cooking it until there is no pink. Add all the liquids and the red pepper flakes, cook for a couple of minutes stirring the entire time. Turn the heat off and let it sit for a minute or 2, plate it with lettuce leaves, serve and enjoy!

There is no right or wrong way to form your wraps. I tend to fill mine in the middle like a burrito and tuck the ends in. TheHub makes a neat little package with his.  It doesn't matter because it tastes the same either way___delicious.

Thai wraps, sliced tomatoes and cukes with a sprinkle of Everything But the Bagel* seasoning and called it a meal.

* You can buy it at Trader Joe's, Aldi has a version with a different name, or make it yourself


26 comments:

  1. Quick and delicious is ALWAYS a winner.
    While he was in India on his last visit himself watched the street traders make curries in less than ten minutes. Most of them were snapped up very quickly and if not, the flavours intensified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me- I like Thai food a lot. I made a new recipe last week- don't know why I had never made it before since it was very simple- shrimp scampi. I had fresh shrimp too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That recipe sure sounds like a good summer option. I eat too many carbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great. I don't realize how often I reach for carbs until I do keto!

      Delete
  4. A little to spice for me, but I'm drooling over the tomatoes. It will be a while before we have any fresh tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of you every time I say something about heat.
      The tomatoes are really perfect now!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, that looks delicious. I'll put that on the list. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good and delicious. Easy just makes it a near perfect meal!

      Delete
  6. I love Thai chicken lettuce wraps. I make mine pretty much the exact same way - so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just does not get any easier and is so tasty.
      I pretty much just change over from soy sauce to coconut aminos to make it keto compliant.

      Delete
  7. Oh that looks delicious, I will definitely give it a try. Would you believe we can't buy ready-ground chicken (or pork for that matter)! It's a pain in the butt to have to grind it yourself but if I'm in Geneva I can pick up ground pork there. Something about having to switch grinders between the different meats and round here in France at least, no-one wants to be bothered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My local store grinds it one day a week, at the end of the day before the necessary deep clean. They wrap it for freezing and have it frozen for purchase, but you have to grab it quickly because when they are out, that is it for the week.

      Delete
  8. Looks delicious and healthy. Will definitely make it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds delicious! I am looking forward to the day when I can stand at the stove for longer than it takes a cup of water to boil so I can cook, again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are tiring of being in pain or tip toeing around it.

      Delete
  10. That looks so good. We do a korean bulgogi that is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds delicious! I think my guys would love it, but would have to cut back on sriracha for my girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heat is not for everyone. I added more to mine at the table

      Delete
  12. Looks and sounds delicious. I try to avoid bread and eat lettuce sandwiches often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't eat traditional bread at all, only some of the keto fake breads. This is just a fun way to serve something truly delicious.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.