Translate

Monday, June 7, 2021

Stuffing Our Faces

Each week I make a meal plan and most weeks I actually make 3 or 4 meals from the plan. This week was no exception. The only meal I am almost positive to honor every single week is the take out meal! We are masters of take out.

What was planned:
1. Pulled pork, caulitato salad, squash casserole, keto version of strawberry pretzel salad (which is a dessert!)
2. White bbq chicken, zucchini (lookout meal plan; the garden is on!) leftover caulitato salad 
3. Veggie meal dependent on what is available at the produce stand Tuesday. keto cornbread
4. Grilled steak, zucchini fries, tossed salad
5. Thai chicken lettuce wraps
6. Greek chicken skillet, sautéed yellow squash, tossed salad
7. Take out/eat out/ blt  (unsure at the moment)




What we actually ate:
 Monday: TheHub took the day off for Memorial Day and we just did some general yard work and got my horse trough ready for planting. I suppose we could have smoked some pork, but I had packs in the freezer from a previous smoking event, so why bother? 
Pulled pork with Ollies sauce, caulitato salad, sautéed yellow squash and onions, keto pretzel salad

Tuesday: TheHub wanted to go to Costco after work so we did. One the way home we called our favorite Mexican restaurant, placed the order, then grabbed our dinner  there.
Take out from La Paz. Fiesta salad  with chicken or the Mexican dinner plate

Wednesday: I intended to have a veggie meal but found the leftover crab cakes in the fridge. Normally I would have eaten them for lunch, but I had been doing work at Mom's each day and skipped lunch. There was no way I was going to throw them out.  Warming them is why every single home needs an air fryer. They tasted just like they did the day I made them. This was a strange meal that did not go together at all, but it fed us.
Leftover crab cakes, squash casserole, collards

Thursday: I was not in the mood to spend much time cooking and this quick meal was on my menu plan anyway.
Thai chicken lettuce wraps, cucumbers, tomato slices

Friday  DIL2 and Son2 were here for some ball game watching and a quick dinner.
Pizza or crustless pizza, keto zucchini brownies w/ keto 'ice cream"

Saturday: Neither of us wanted a big dinner 
Turkey and ham sandwiches or deconstructed breadless sandwich 

Sunday: Son2 and Dil2 came over for more ball game watching and lunch. As luck would have it the ball game had a long rain delay and was not over until about 8:30. After they left we made a mad dash to Arby's for a 2/$6 meal.
Arby's Greek Gyros (If you have not had this, I recommend giving it a shot. We thought they were really good fast food)

What we might have this week:
1. Greek skillet chicken, sautéed squash, tomato slices
2. Grilled steak, zucchini fries, tossed salad, dinner rolls or keto rolls
3. Meat loaf, mixed squash medley,cole slaw
4. Veggie dinner TBD based on the garden and produce stand
5. Grilled snapper/caulimash or real mashed potatoes, green beans, tossed salad
6. Chicken fajita salad
7. Takeout or eat out

I have got to start using more from my freezer. It is about to be harvest time, which means I will be putting a boatload of summer produce in it for the winter. I need space, so every meal on the plan this week utilizes freezer items. 

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all!




32 comments:

  1. All sounds good to me! Thanks for the tip about the gyros. The hubs saw that commercial and started to say something, I just said no, it's Arby's lol. Maybe I'll let him try after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a big Arby's fan but these were really tasty!

      Delete
  2. Your menu sounds yummy! The gyros at arby's is the only thing that I order from there. Lol My hubby, who hates everything from Arbys, even likes them. Here's to a good week of eating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Air fryers are good aren't they? I wondered whether it would become yet another kitchen gimmick. I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too and I honestly use it at least 5 days a week!

      Delete
  4. We don't eat much fast food, but we do like gyros. Maybe we will try those some time. I'm not sure there are any Arby's around. I'll have to check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I liked best was just tossing the pita made it a completely fine keto meal.

      Delete
  5. Sounds delicious! I will have to try Arby's Greek Gyro, that sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm trying to figure out where there's an Arby's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great!
    Thanks for the review on air fryers and arby's gyros. I have been hesitant about getting an air fryer, and I haven't tried arby's gyros either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the air fryer is the best purchase I have made in decades. I bought a very inexpensive one over a year ago and use it all the time. After visiting here, 2 of my sons bought the same inexpensive model, then told their other brother who also bought the same. I have taken good care of mine and make sure I clean it well after each use, but it has been a wonderful appliance.

      Delete
  8. I love Arby's roast beef and cheddar with a lot of horseradish. And, love those little triangular potato cakes that I only eat about once a year. We will have to try the gyros sometime. About the meal that did not go together...sometimes I do that. It is food so we eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your menu sounds good. My daughter cooked chicken breasts in two ways over the weekend and made a pumpkin curry and I helped her to make a green beans curry. That is what we are eating this week, with rice, and with or without the addition of steamed zucchini slices and peach chutney. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'm the only person left who doesn't have an air fryer but that's ok, I just don't need more stuff!
    I don't know Arby's, obviously, but gyros is always good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not need an air fryer either and got rid of the instapot instead. I have a new 'something comes in, something goes out" policy here.

      Delete
  11. Like you, I'm thinking of the garden harvest in 2-3 months and need to make room in the freezer and cold storage room. A jar of rhubarb juice was enjoyed last week awa a barley soup with grated zucchini and carrots. Rhubarb crisp with raspberries and saskatoons was dessert last week. Tonight, chicken caesar salad. I'm at a loss as to the rest of the week's menu but checking the freezer will be a good start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to start with the freezer first when planning meals. Now our garden is producing and that add another level to what I need to use!

      Delete
  12. Good meal plans, you always have a good variety! I'm trying to use the food in the freezer, it's unbelievable how it all accumulates. Gyros are everywhere here but Bill is the one here who loves them and Arby's too! Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been buying very little to try and use the freezer, but with just the two of us, it is moving slowly

      Delete
  13. I think I need to start titling my this week's menu the same....what may or may not happen this week on the dining table.. lolz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that I am only preparing meals for one person I do try to plan but usually just pick a Schwan's meal from my freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to get an air fryer -- they do sound convenient. We don't do a lot of take out, but at least once a week (usually a weekend night) it's that or delivery. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I have been working so much on flipping Mom's house we are grabbing more takeout than usual, but if it were up to him TheHub would eat out just about every night. I think he misses the restaurant experience more than I do.

      Delete
  16. Meal planning? Planning anything? We've eaten well, but darn if I planned anything. Now I'm worried I bought too much fresh produce on Sunday so making sure I use it all up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan nd then I deviate from the plan pretty regularly!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.