Translate

Monday, June 28, 2021

Another Plan I Probably Won't Follow

Most of the time when I plan meals I veer from the plan. It is something I do without guilt, because life changes quickly and some times you just have to adapt to the changes. Other times whims take over. This may or may not have been a whimsical week
I knew we  had dinner plans out for 2 nights this week, so I planned only 5 meals to be eaten in.



This was the plan:
1. Philly cheesesteak casserole (have to use peppers immediately) green bean salad
2. Maurice salad or chopped salad, keto dessert (TBD)
3. Veggie dinner TBD by whatever is growing or available at the produce stand
4. BLT or toasted cheese sandwiches, green beans
5. Greek chicken, green beans, sliced tomatoes


And this was what really happened. Yikes!

Monday: TheHub and I are trying to swim each evening before dinner so I am trying to plan meals that can be prepped ahead of time and cooked quickly after a swim
Philly cheesesteak casserole, green bean salad

Tuesday: One of our friends organized a small get together in a private dining room at a very old, very popular restaurant. There were about 16 people there (all vaxed)  It is the first time we have seen any of them since before the quarantine began and it was truly wonderful
 The Bright Star:  Snapper, asparagus, salad (TheHub) Crab stuffed mushrooms, wedge salad (me)

Wednesday: We  both had dinner plans that were diametrically different. I met my book club (first time since Covid) at a local deli that has wonderful outdoor space. 
The Diplomat (me) Italian salad  Bottega's (TheHub) Something incredibly delicious but I have no idea what it was.

Thursday: I give up on me. TheHub got home early and we did some things outside then decided we would just run and pick up something for dinner.
Captain D's grilled fish for me, fried fish for TheHub  okra and coleslaw (both of us)

Friday: TheHub came home early and worked in the yard while I continued getting the upstairs ready for guests. He decided what he wanted for dinner and who am I to argue.
Hot dogs from Sneaky Pete's

Saturday: After visiting with my SIL and BIL all day, plus running to Tuscaloosa for a mini reunion we decided to just toss something on the grill for dinner.
Hamburgers (with or w/o bun) fixings, chips of none

Sunday: After the weekend garden harvest, dinner pretty much planned itself.
Veggie dinner, zucchini fritters, butter peas or green beans, tomato slices

So instead of eating out 2 nights and cooking 5 nights, We ate out/did take out 5 nights and cooked 2. Talk about flipping the program!

Planned for this week, maybe or maybe not
1. taco*** salad
2. Chopped pork*, collard *greens, caulitato salad, sliced tomatoes
3. Baked chicken tenders, asparagus*, tomato cucumber onion salad
4. Veggie meal TBD based on harvest and produce stand availability
5. Chicken vindaloo over caulirice*, green beans, some sort of salad
6. Keto cereal with blueberries (TheHub has a business dinner)
7. Grilled fish, either tuna** or snapper*, coleslaw, keto hush puppies, green beans, something else (?)

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all!

*'s  are just for my benefit so I will know where to find frozen items

*    big freezer
**  laundry room fridge freezer
***kitchen fridge freezer

26 comments:

  1. Flipping the program totally works as long as you are able to avoid food waste. Sounds like it was a delicious week and the plan for this week sure sounds good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done a lot go garden veggie processing this week, just so I would not have waste. My freezer overfloweth!

      Delete
  2. Hey I would eat out 5 nights a week, but then I would have to pay for it and hubs would grumble, but I could do it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a bit excessive, but I did not argue about it at all!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful week to me. How I wish that himself would agree to take out (which we call take away) more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly believe TheHub would eat out every night if I would agree to it.

      Delete
  4. Hi everyone, My name is Sluggy from Pennsyltucky, I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from Asshat Loan Finance. Honestly, I thought it was a scam, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to $1 Million dollars which I applied for. This is really a good news and I am so very happy that I advise all those who need a scam loan and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email (text or call) +1 800 YouJerk. There are shyster loan artists and their shills everywhere! They are capable to f**k you up. Contact the Nigerian Prince E-mail: Iwanttogiveyounothingbuttrouble@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the laugh!!
      We get the Nigerian prince scams too, but my husband got an invite to join the illuminati, isn't he special. ;)

      Delete
    2. Sluggy,
      Thanks for that. Tommy was greatly amused, too.

      Delete
    3. Funny, funny, funny! But now I feel slightly left out because the illuminati has never contacted us!

      Delete
    4. Laughed out loud. Well done, Sluggy.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a delicious week! I would love to eat out more often.
    I had to google chicken vindaloo, and it sounds good. We like butter chicken and tikka masala but I might have to cut back on the chicken vindaloo spice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going back to more list making of possible meals. Witht he kid home, her mood varies day to day and I don't relaly care, and neither does the hubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me as long as I think of them as possibilities it works. I seldom are what we eat, but occasionally I want something specific.

      Delete
  7. Cheesesteak casserole sounds good. The best part of the week must have been getting together with people you enjoy--in person.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful seeing the people who are just one step from feeling like family!

      Delete
  8. Philly cheesesteak casserole sounds delicious! I'll have to find a recipe for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just searched keto Philly cheesesteak casserole and picked one. Then overtime (we have it often) make a bastardized version of the original.

      Delete
  9. I like the way you flipped the meal plan around! :D I'm all for having take out (still not stepping inside a restaurant). I have fridge/freezer envy, now! Imagine all the zucchini I could freeze if I had another fridge/freezer! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt fine with both choices of restaurants. The deli has a huge outdoor space and the tables are far apart.
      The other restaurant was packed but we were able to bypass the crowds (while I wore a mask ) to get to the private dining room.

      Delete
  10. I changed my mind about three times for each of the meals the last three days. I think people who slavishly stick to a menu have a problem...lol. We have a trip planned to Bright Star and a 4th party planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bright Star was completely full. If we had not been in the private dining room I would not have gone.

      Delete
  11. I like the way your plans flipped. Sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It worked, except I do not like Captain D's and TheHub loves it. We had tried to do take-out from 2 other places but restaurants are having a very hard time finding employees. They are opened only when they have staff, so the hours of operation are very convoluted and arbitrary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. STOP WASTING YOUR TIME ON FAKE PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE AN AGENT I WAS SCAMED 4TIMES NOT UNTIL I RECIEVE A MESSAGE ON MY WHATSAPP TO CONTACT MR HARRIS WHICH I DID NOW I AM A FULL MEMBER OF THE GREAT ILLUMINATI BROTHERHOOD BE WHAT YOU WHICH FOR IN LIFE BY JOINING THE GREAT ILLUMINATI BROTHERHOOD TODAY Further encouraging the rumours is the widespread use of supposed "Illuminati" imagery in music videos. Many Freemason and Illuminati symbols, like devil horns and the all-seeing eye, have simply become popular in mainstream culture. But it's also true that some musicians seem to enjoy deliberately playing with symbols connected to secret societies.if you are interested contact via whatsapp or call +14092993890 GOOD LUCK.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.