Translate

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Entertainment

I follow Annie at Tuesday 4 when I remember it is actually Tuesday. Covid has done a number with my timeline and often I have no clue what day of the week it is. I actually remembered today was Tuesday. Maybe I should invest in an old fashioned wall calendar?  

Today's topic is entertainment.



1. Do you have an actor or actress whose movies you hate to miss?
I do not have a favorite actor though I think many are incredibly skilled. I never watch a movie based on whom is starring, though I have ignored movies because I am not fond of the way some actors perform. 
I think one of the best things to come from all the original programing on various screening services is finding incredible actors who we might never have seen on big screen films, if not for this new platform for talent.

2. Is there a movie or TV program you could watch over and over again?
TheHub and I are a threat to watch The Godfather or The Godfather II anytime it comes on. We might watch the entire thing or just specific scenes, but if we are channel surfing and hear the intro music or a familiar line from the movie we will stop every time.

As far as TV shows go? 
There are none I make it a point to watch but there are shows I have seen more than once of course.
And anytime the pig man episode from Seinfeld is on I will watch it. It came on the night  after Son3 was born and TheHub had stepped out to grab some dinner. I had a C section and they were keeping me a couple of days so I was watching it by myself. It was the funniest episode I had ever seen but it hurt like crazy to laugh. So I continued watching and the floor nurse finally came in to check on me because instead of laughing I found  if I said a wavering HOOoooooo  ( not silently) I could satisfy my urge to belly laugh without self inflicted pain.

3. Do you have a list of books or magazines you are hoping to read over the summer? 
I always have a list of books waiting in the wings, as well as a couple of magazines I read religiously.
Books for July: 
           Beneath a Scarlet Sky
           The Astonishing Color of After
           Everybody Lies
           Shakespeare for Squirrels
           The Turn of the Screw (re-read)
           How to Have Kick-Ass Ideas
Magazines for July: 
           Wired  
           The Smithsonian
Drinks or snacks while reading? 
I always have something to drink while I read, usually coffee, tea or water. 

4.  What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I like nearly all genres of music and listen to it every day. 
Jazz is my favorite, but I prefer bebop. Hard bop and fusion are close behind,  but I do not care for smooth jazz at all.


I like classic rock

C/W is ok but I prefer the older true country instead of most of the crossover country of today.


Classical music is gorgeous and I listen to it at some point every day. I especially like several of the Russian composers.


I do like listening to some of the arias from operas.

Showtunes are a love of mine and I find myself singing them all the time (mentally singing this one if I am in public) 

Rap, Hip Hop small doses__extremely small doses
Pop? I am so far out of the demo for it that I have no opinion whatsoever.

Oh and I forgot I love old Motown and Soul

  


24 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers. I'm a Ryan Gosling fan and I like Julianne Moore, Kate Winslet, Amy Adams, and some other actresses, but I don't go out of my way to see their movies. I've certainly noticed that you like music. I sing show tunes and rock songs around the house. Franklin and Penelope don't mind how bad it can be. I like your story about watching Seinfeld. A lot of those episodes really made me laugh. I still love The Office and would stop to watch it when I still had satellite TV. I always have a to-be-read pile of books. Hope you enjoy your summer reading.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could easily live without a lot of things, but music is almost as critical to me as breathing!
      The Office is great!

      Delete
  2. Great answers Anne. I'm not big on watching TV or movies, it's usually just background noise for me. The Wizard of Oz is the only movie I can think of that we watch every year when it comes on. Great music selections! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when I was a kid and The Wizard of Oz came on only one time each year. It was must see TV for the family and a special treat because Dad would make fudge. I have his fudge platter now and will start doing the same for Wizard of Oz nights.

      Delete
  3. I like a lot of different types of music also. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are just too many types of music to limit to just one genre.

      Delete
  4. Great answers.
    I don't do movies, or really music. I do gobble reading material though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are a voracious reader. Pretty darn good writer too!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed your answers. I totally agree with the old C & W songs being best though I do like done if the new performers here and there. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I like the newer performers or not since I really listen to very little that is current.

      Delete
  6. I love 50s and 60s rock. Plus, I grew up on Frank Sinatra and those of that era. For the last few years I have developed a taste for Indie music. Plain White Tees is the only one I can think of right now. On TV I never miss Gunsmoke or Frasier. All sorts of movies catch my attention, too many to think of right now...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only Plain White Tees song I know (may or may not be the actual title) Is Hey There Delilah.
      I also like Alabama Shakes, and now Brittany Howard is doing some solo performances. There are a lot of good indie musicians out there.

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed listening to the music links you provided! I, too, love the old C & W songs! They were very popular when I was growing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad's parents loved country music and when we went to their house on the weekends (?) Porter Waggoner seemed to always be on their tv.

      Delete
  8. Enjoyed reading your answers. Mine are way different than yours. Yes it does hit to laugh after a C-Section!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT did hurt to laugh but it hurt even more trying not to laugh. The wavering hoooooo was a huge relief!

      Delete
  9. Renee Zellweger always looks like she's sucking on a lemon. lol
    I've been listening to this in my head lately......... https://youtu.be/vFi-neN5H_0
    I played this role in a production of "Candide" in college.
    Patti Lupone really hammed it up when she played the Old Lady tango role.
    I listen to everything....enjoy things about each genre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok we need a reenactment of your performance videoed!

      Delete
  10. i have tinnitus so i find it hard to listen to music - sadly. i know what you mean about knowing what day it is - i am usually wrong! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pre-covid I had a weekly plan and things to do on specific days so my internal calendar was always correct. I am having a hard time post quarantine setting my schedule straight because everything I used to do has changed.

      Delete
  11. I love Motown/Soul music! I have tinnitus too and music helps me not focus on the ringing. My husband loves the Godfather movies. I have the GF theme for my ringtone when my hubby calls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the Godfather and Godfather II also (oh my god, the young Al Pacino - sex on a stick), but I think they ruined Godfather III by casting Sofia Ford Coppola as the main female lead - she can't act. I understand Pacino didn't want her for the role for the same reason, but I guess when daddy's the producer what daddy wants, daddy gets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't watch GF III I think it was horrid, and the others were so good!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.