Translate

Monday, February 7, 2022

Back to Planning

 Well the Wicked Witch of the West A.K.A. the keto quick start diet is dead, and I can plan actual meals. I have decided, as much as I did not like eating the soup all the time, I will most likely eat it for lunch everyday. It a fast and easy way to get some substantial veggies into the diet. So, since I will not be eating the leftovers,  I need to either cook just enough for the two of us to eat or I need to cook enough for a second leftover meal. I have a lot of vegetables on hand to use with whatever I dig out of the freezer, so unless there are some super deals to be found, I don't even need to go to the grocery store this week. 


Because I ate the quick start diet last week and TheHub either ate leftovers or picked something up on his way home there is no reason for me to post what we ate last week. It went according to our plan so everything worked out.

The plan for this week:
1. Conecuh sausage with sautéed vegetables, roll or keto dinner roll (If I get it baked)
2. Artblink filet (we shared one meal Sunday night so one is left), scalloped potatoes (TheHub), salad
3. Lasagne in a bowl over noodles or zoodles, salad
4. Cauliflower au gratin, black eyed peas (TheHub) cherry tomato cucumber onion salad
5. Out to Eat
6. Salmon with lemon garlic butter sauce, asparagus, new potatoes (TheHub) cauliflower rice (me)
7. Grilled chicken with white bbq sauce, caulitato salad, possibly baked beans (TheHub) Keto corn bread

I desperately need to put on my ski gloves and go through the freezer. It has reached max density and needs to be rearranged (think Tetris) so everything will fit. I plan on having some baking time this week to get a few keto items ready to eat and will need some freezer space. Or I could just have a dinner party for 50 of my closest friends! That would clear up some much needed space.

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all!

20 comments:

  1. Well if you really want to throw a dinner party, I know a few people....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found more things when planning lurking, so I too could offer a smorgasbord lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiling at your final two sentences. And wincing in rueful sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you luck with your meal plan for this week. Don't be to hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I was brought up to be hard on myself. Why stop now?

      Delete
  5. I am trying so hard not to overcook and put things in the freezer. It is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cause an avalanche every time I try to find something in the freezer. Sometimes, I have Tommy stand by to protect me or dig me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have n avalanche but I d have it packed to the gills. I have got to go reorganize but it is going to be a cold job.

      Delete
  7. A full freezer is a good problem to have, though, isn't it? Better than the alternative, I think. :)
    I tried to make a meal plan last week; there were quite a few changes, but, it worked out well enough. I think I will make another one for this week, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful problem to have. My issue is that I continue to feed it!

      Delete
  8. We are with you on the freezer. Today I managed to get rid of some crab cakes & a small bag of chicken. So, progress! But, there's a lot more where that came from.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At one time I had vowed not to purchase anything more (mostly protein) for the freezer until what was there was used up. It took 6 months. I tease my friends to look in the freezer if I go MIA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I have been hearing about the trucking issues I guess this is a great time to have an overstocked freezer.

      Delete
  10. Your plan looks delicious. Good luck with your freezer. Do have a method to rotate things so the older items get used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a true method, but I do reach for the back of the freezer shelf first

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.