Translate

Monday, February 14, 2022

Where's The Chocolate?



Sorry I tried to upload Ella's version but it did not work!
That's Ok because Sarah is pretty spectacular also!

Well, first of all, Happy Valentine's Day! This is the day associated with love, hearts, flowers, and most importantly CHOCOLATE! Unless you are doing keto! Bummer! Maybe I should have begun this eating plan the first of March instead of the first of February. Oh well! Maybe I can have a sugar free piece of chocolate after dinner.

Speaking of dinner, this is what  had planned for the past week:
1. Conecuh sausage with sautéed vegetables, roll or keto dinner roll (If I get it baked)
2. Artblink filet (we shared one meal Sunday night so one is left), scalloped potatoes (TheHub), salad
3. Lasagne in a bowl over noodles or zoodles, salad
4. Cauliflower au gratin, black eyed peas (TheHub) cherry tomato cucumber onion salad
5. Out to Eat
6. Salmon with lemon garlic butter sauce, asparagus, new potatoes (TheHub) cauliflower rice (me)
7. Grilled chicken with white bbq sauce, caulitato salad, possibly baked beans (TheHub) Keto corn bread

And this is what we actually ate:
Monday: I had some loitering vegetables in the crisper along with about a half a pound of smoked sausage in the fridge. They had to be used pretty quickly.
Conecuh sausage with sautéed cabbage, onions, yellow squash, and bell peppers, dinner rolls or keto cornbread, pickled okra, pickled pepper rings

Tuesday: When I picked up the free items at The Pig on Monday, I found a pack of Italian sausage deeply discounted, meaning it had to be used immediately. That sealed the dinner deal. 
Lasagna in a bowl over noodles or zoodles, green beans

Wednesday: When we picked up the meals for Artblink, TheHub and I had one left over that had to be eaten or tossed.
Leftover filet meal, tossed salad, asparagus spears, olives and pepper rings

Thursday: The day was beautiful and I could have grilled the chicken out, but TheHub got home from work much later than usual, so I just cooked it in the air fryer
Uneventful chicken, broccoli and cauliflower mix, rolls or keto roll

Friday: We had planned going out to eat at a small restaurant near us. They still have their tables about 6 feet apart and are not usually crowded. We got there about 6 thinking we had beaten the crowd, but we were wrong. There were no tables available, so we left. Rather than go to another restaurant we decided to just go home and eat something that required little prep.
Wedge salad

Saturday We went out for lunch and happened on a place with a fantastic menu (lunch prices too!) so we ate what would normally be our dinner in the late afternoon and just had a bowl of soup for dinner. I am counting our restaurant meal as the main meal of the day.
Grilled grouper or grilled tuna, tossed salad, (rice pilaf, pita and hummus for the non-keto) 2 thumbs up for The Pita Stop

Sunday: I forgot about the Super Bowl when planning our meals. TheHub requested our traditional ball game meal to eat at halftime.
Hot dogs, (bunless for the keto one), coleslaw, veggie tray with dip

Dinners came and went and it was time for a new plan. As I do each week, I asked TheHub if there was anything particular he wanted. This week he actually asked specifically for two things which is a bonus when planning the week. (see meals 2 and 3)

This is the plan for the week.
1.Grilled lamb chops, new potatoes (or cauliflower rice) asparagus, dinner rolls or keto rolls, mixed greens
2.Greek chicken, saffron rice, carrots, tossed salad
3.Hamburger patty, green beans, saffron rice (or cauliflower rice), coleslaw
4.Vegetarian street taco salad
5.Tuscan Soup or Buffalo Chicken soup, coleslaw, rolls or keto cornbread
6.Out to eat
7.Salmon with lemon butter sauce, baked potato (or none) tossed salad, broccoli

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all!



22 comments:

  1. I am always blown away by how varied your meals are. I/we seem to be stuck in a rut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TheHub does not like to eat the same things often, so I guess I plan for that.

      Delete
  2. I may make two individual lava cakes for our oh do special valentine's day. These were part of a box of 6, two cakes a packet Godiva version I bought back in October for my own birthday cake. Your meals are always delicious sounding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow I wish I had seen the Godiva lava cakes. I definitely would have bought them. Instead we are having a no bake Keto cheesecake tonight. It will either be good or bad. The jury is still out!

      Delete
    2. Godiva lava cakes. Never heard of them, but I will be on the lookout now. They sound delicious.

      Delete
  3. Love those meals! My brother from Iowa was visiting and treated us to dinner- I never eat out and oh my, when did prices get so high? Most entrees were $25-30 and nothin special imo. Now I live in a touristy area so maybe higher than most but oh my! Nan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prices have gone up here, but I still would love to go out to eat. Pre Covid we went out weekly and I miss it.

      Delete
  4. Greek Chicken is one of our favorites! And my teenage son makes the best salmon! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a big salmon fan but TheHub loves it so I keep it frozen all the time. Greek chicken is so good.

      Delete
  5. Hope you get to enjoy a Keto friendly chocolate or two, Anne! Hope the keto cheesecake turns out to be delicious. :) Your week's dinner menu sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The keto cheesecake was like most keto desserts and was almost but not quite like the real thing. That is why I so seldom make them.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. There is but it is not as delicious as a melt in your mouth truffle

      Delete
  7. I so wish I could convince my son to tell me what he might like to eat. I get so tired of making the decision. Your meals always sound (and I'm sure they taste better too) than mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a fairly decent cook so most of our meals taste ok, though occasionally something does not work as expected

      Delete
  8. I just got the results of my recent blood work and my sugar is very high and protein is very low. Oops

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I'd discovered earlier (that) eating healthy could be so delicious! Loitering vegetables, uneventful chicken ... you're cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If the tornadoes stay away today, we are eating at The Pita Stop (downtown) tonight! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did click on your blog and it is nice to "meet" another Birmingham blogger! Did you make it to the Pita Stop?

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.