Translate

Monday, February 28, 2022

Change of Plans

As usual my dinner plans and what we actually ate were somewhat different. I guess it is just what we do. Oh well! Everything in my life is subject to change each day anyway! I think following a plan completely is impossible for me.

This is what was planned:
1. Greek chicken, saffron rice, green beans
2. Grilled steak, baked potato (or cauliflower alternative) spring greens, asparagus
3. Lamb Kofta, rice pilaf (or caulirice pilaf) greek salad
4. Tuscan soup, salad, dinner rolls
5. Out to eat
6. Out to eat
7. Salad and sandwich

This is what we really ate:
Monday: We went out to eat more last week than we had planned and I had thawed chicken in the fridge that had to be used right away.
Greek chicken, saffron rice (or none) green beans, spring greens, keto toast or dinner rolls

Tuesday: I was not in the mood to cook and had made some pimento cheese Monday afternoon. The meal planned itself.
Tossed salad, pimento cheese sandwich

Wednesday: I had thawed the frozen ground lamb, but had no pine nuts so the planned entree had to change. It didn't matter, it was really delicious.
Greek lamb patty, rice pilaf (or none), tossed salad

Thursday: This was the night of one of those corporate events I generally avoid. However, dinner at a really fine restaurant cancelled any objection I might have had.  
Bottega's: Potato leek white truffle bisque, snapper with sugar snap peas, rice pilaf over a green pea puree, frozen lemon mousse on a spiced tulle cookie

Friday: Quick and easy was the name of the game Friday night.
Conecuh sausage with sautéed cabbage and onions

Saturday: We made plans to meet TheHub's brother, sister and SIL in Tuscaloosa for dinner.
Dillard's Chophouse: Surf and turf (TheHub ordered a filet, and I ordered red fish, then we split the entrees) wedge salad, asparagus

Sunday: Since we ate steak Saturday night, the plans for grilling a steak Sunday change.  We punted. Dinner was uninspiring but it worked and no one was left starving.
Bbq chicken (frozen cooked chicken with bbq sauce), leftover rice pilaf, pickled okra, biscuits

What is potentially up for this week:
1. Pancakes, sausage, baked apples
2. Steak, baked potato, tossed salad
3. Grilled tuna, rice pilaf, asparagus
4. Greek chicken, saffron rice, broccoli
5. Tossed salad, sandwich or soup
6. Cauliflower au gratin, tomato onion and cucumber salad, pickled okra
7. Take out

Have a good week staying on plan, going off plan, or within plan at all.


21 comments:

  1. Greek chicken sounds so delicious that I may thaw chicken just for that even though I cooked two packages yesterday. I was looking at the menu from the Greek festival and have my mouth set for more Greek food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I like what you've planned and what you actually ate! LOL. The important thing is, you ate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all you have to do is look at me and you can tell I don’t miss many ( any?) meals.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had some really good meals. Your meal plan for this week sounds yummy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 very nice restaurant meals in one week makes everything better.

      Delete
  4. After spending a week+ in groceries at one meal, next week will be very planned. I want to try the Greek chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The greek chicken is really good. We are going to have it again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week I see tacos, buffalo wings (homemade), fish, lots of salad, tabouli, rice and beans and pizza on my table. We'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love buffalo wings, but the wings have gotten so expensive here that I never buy them to make them.

      Delete
  7. I commend you for planning. That's the start of the menu. I'm on a mission to use up some pureed pumpkin that was put away last fall. It was added to a carrot/ginger soup. Next, baked tortellini with pumpkin cheese sauce. I've had a craving for bbq ribs so cooked up a bunch; some will go in the freezer. I ventured out to a popular local restaurant, first time in 2 yrs. I picked 4pm, hoping to avoid a crowd. Before I left, 3 more tables were filled. There was steady traffic for take-out. Then there was the sticker shock. Been there, done that. Now it's back to enjoying the menu at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can count on one hand the number of times we have been in a restaurant over the past two years (OK maybe one hand and two fingers). I was a little uncomfortable going to the business dinner with TheHub, Luckily the cocktail hour was outside and I could stand outside the crowd. Once we got into the actual restaurant they had extremely wide tables with lots of space between tables.
      I understand using things sleeping in the freezer. I am actually thinking of buying an electric pressure canner to help process some of the frozen items.

      Delete
  8. Well, I had never heard of Dillard’s Chophouse Tuscaloosa and had to Google it… lolz. I don’t know how I missed that except I really seldom eat out because of it being a college town and Covid. it sounds fabulous! I miss Cypress Inn. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dilliards is delicious. I highly recommend it, but if you go on a weekend make reservations

      Delete
  9. I have not had a pimento cheese sandwich in years.I remember my mom making them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never made pimento cheese spread, but like it. It turns out that in some stores it is a summer seasonal item, so maybe I should learn how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so easy to make that I never buy it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pancakes are always good for dinner. Actually, we have breakfast for dinner at least once a week, sometimes twice. Best. Meal. Ever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty decent dinner! Now that Fat Tuesday is in the books it is back to serious keto.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.