Translate

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Joys for Week 8

 I am finding it is hard for me to post my weekly joys on Saturday. Generally The Hub and I spend it having a leisurely morning breakfast and talking about and making long and short term plans.  After that we get somewhat presentable and run a few out of the norm errands. It seems I get later and later publishing the joys.





Saturday: We woke and messed around the house for a bit before heading out shopping for some new duds for TheHub. We had some success and they should be altered and ready to wear by the end of the month. After clothes shopping we ran by a couple of other places. We needed to replace the hot pad I took to school my freshman year. Yes it has lived a long, long life and I am pretty sure I heard it singing "Don't Cry for me Argentina" when I finally bid it farewell. 
A take out dinner and Mrs.Maisel rounded out our night

Sunday: We have season tickets to the Birmingham Broadway Series. We have had them for so long and upgraded to better seats as they became available so that for the past 5 years we are dead center, 10 rows from the stage. Evan Hansen was playing when our city's Covid rates were sky high, and as much as I wanted to see it, I just could not see taking the risk just to see a play.  The positive test rates are under 10% now so we decided to join the world and see Cats. Of course we sat with our N95's on the entire time. 
It was so wonderful to be out doing something fun. So much so, that we were not ready to come home, and stopped at a small (almost empty) neighborhood joint for a sandwich for an early dinner.
We got home in time to see Son3's former roommate Toney Goins who has been cast as Phillip in the show Billions! Congratulations  Toney! Told you we were catching up with the series just to watch you!

Monday: This was the day I could double dip the free items at The Pig. The canned chili went straight into my food pantry donation box, but the Dawn dishwashing liquid will come in handy.  To get the free items you have to spend an additional 10 dollars, and other than oyster crackers and radishes I really did not need anything. However, TheHub brought me a beautiful bouquet of roses for Valentine's Day. The roses were spent, but the greenery and baby's breath were still lovely. When I was at ThePig I noticed they had a dozen roses for 13 bucks, so I bought myself a little treat. I came home, removed the seriously wilted roses and arranged the new ones in their place. When TheHub was on his way home he called to see if I needed anything from Publix. He was planning to stop there and do the same thing. I either saved him a trip or ruined his planned recreational shopping. Your guess is as good as mine, but at least he did not have to stop in the rain. 

Tuesday: I had a stay at home day. Though it was not raining, the day was dreary and I had a boatload of laundry  and a book to keep me occupied.  
I had trouble falling asleep Tuesday night and the day was unseasonably warm. I was sitting in the den with the door to the screened porch opened mainly to just get a little fresh air in the house. At about 2:30 I was still awake when I heard the owls in the back of the house . I really do love listening to them when they are "talking" to each other.

Wednesday:  My ring doorbell rang for only the second time since we installed it (mid January). Then I heard someone unlocking the door, which did not surprise me. My sister has a key and she always lets herself in after ringing the bell, but this time is was DIL2 (who also has a key). I was so happy to see her. She does OT home visits and was in my neighborhood so she stopped by to kill a little time before her next scheduled visit. I love seeing her!
BTW Ring doorbells are weird!

Thursday: The day was pretty uneventful, but we had a great night. TheHub had been invited to an event hosted by their corporate banker. We thought it might be a small event and they would cordon off the mezzanine at the restaurant. Instead the bank had booked the entire place for the night, so we had a delicious meal seated at a table filled with flowing wine and conversation. Fun!!!

Friday: I had my morning coffee watching a pair of bluebirds gathering nesting materials and some purple finches battling over a female.
In the evening my SIL came to spend the night with us. We really did enjoy our night with her.

Now on to week 9

Look for your joys, no matter how small they are always out there!

May all your weeds be wildflowers!
Anne
 





16 comments:

  1. Have you ever considered starting a post for joys and saving it and adding to it each day, then the last day will be short enough to post a little earlier. I would not be able to remember a week of things I did if I had to do it all one one day. I wish we had a screened in porch. I keep wishing aloud. That is how I get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do keep up with daily most of the time. I just spend virtually no time with blogs on the weekends so I forget to publish it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was very interesting! I enjoyed your joys and all the stuff you did this week. Amazing!! You have a much more interesting and entertaining life than we do. But we are both retired and on a fixed income, so we have to limit our excitement to what we can afford to do here at home. Ha Ha...that could be entertaining too. LOL. We might be old, but we aren't dead yet. LOL. Okay, that's enough of that. Hope you have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week. We are enjoying watching the bluebirds nesting too. Such fun. I can't wait to see when they actually starting sitting on the nest. Oh, I LOVE to hear the owls in the night. We used to all the time at a previous home. They had a nest in a tree behind our house and we got to watch them raise their babies. That was so much fun. We do hear them occasionally here at this house, but way in the distance. I miss seeing them. Okay, have a good night and God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a big kick out of watching and listening to the birds. A lot of morning I sit on the back porch with my coffee, just so I can hear them all singing. I have been staying up entirely too late and that is when I hear the owls. If the night is bright enough I can make out their shapes in the trees (at least until they all leaf out)

      Delete
  4. I always have to think through my week for my Tuesday posts but it helps me, requires me, to look for the good stuff. I'm happy to read your joys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and write it all down at night after the day is done, but there are days I forget and have to do it the next day. I am finding the weekend is a bad time for me to hit publish because I am usually distracted by other things we are doing.

      Delete
  5. Lovely joys this week! Maybe adjust your week to publish on Mondays?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to keep it on the day that marks a week from NYD, so that on New Year's Eve when I sit down and reread all the joys of the year I will have a complete year's worth of joys to reread.

      Delete
  6. I'm sure owls are around, but I never see or hear them. Maybe because I don't go out much at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Un fortunale I stai awake way too late so I often hear an owl but rarely hear two fo them "talking" to each other.

      Delete
  7. I have considered screening in my tiny back porch at the ttown house. I have a rather large backyard and lots of birds. I have seen a raccoon back there in the tree! I guess when this very small house was built the yards were much larger than the standards lots now. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love having ours screened. We also had ceiling fans installed so we can use it year round.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great week. I've never heard an owl here in the city, though I recall we had several on the farm where I grew up. They were the reason mom only raised chickens for one season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great week because we actually did a few things!

      Delete
  9. Now I have to watch Billions just to see your son's friend! And that corporate event sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not usually enjoy corporate events and tend to bow out. This time I said yes just because the restaurant is outstanding. The table and people we were seated with was just a surprising bonus!
      I know Toney would appreciate you watching!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.