Translate

Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 Joy List Ends


This will be my last Sunday post of the week's joys. Tomorrow begins a new year so all of 2024 will be a  joys for the past week and meal plan for the future week Monday combo plate. That will be much easier for me because I am much more likely to post a single entry rather than the two separate ones I have been doing for 2023. 

Like I do each year, today I will be rereading the joys, small and large I had this year and will be thankful for each one. At the same time I will be looking forward to the possibilities of the coming year. That being said, here are my joys for the last week of 2023.

Sunday: Christmas Eve came and went gently. Generally I have a little last minute scurrying around, baking and wrapping gifts. This year I had absolutely none of that. I had set the dining room table Saturday evening after I vacuumed the rug so that was done. My meal prep for Christmas brunch was at a minimum, and the only order of business we had was to call our nearby Chinese restaurant for our traditional Christmas Eve takeout meal.

Monday: It was a rainy dreary Christmas morning. Perfect for a celebratory brunch! Son2, DIL2, My Beloved Sister and BIL joined us for present exchanging, meal, and long conversations. They left a little before 4, then TheHub and I did a joint kitchen clean up  before settling down for a little nap.  leftover brunch food was the meal for the night but I was still full. TheHub zapped his and I drank another cup of coffee then we decided to watch Christmas movies.

Tuesday: TheHub had to work and I had to read over a breakfast of coffee and Christmas cookies. It was hard to do but somebody had to do it.
I made one stop to a local store. The only thing I needed for next Christmas was a pack of self stick Christmas gift tags. I had used ever single one I had , but the store had sold out of them by the time I got there.
Imagine my surprise when TheHub came home from work after stopping at Publix (recreational shopping once again) and had not only his banana, but also a pack of $.50 gift tags. I guess I need to quit saying he never pays attention to what I say
That evening we sat at the kitchen table and decided what our year end contributions to the charities we support would be, so I could get them in the mail early Wednesday morning. I am very thankful we are able to pass something along to others.

Wednesday: I always change the decor on the dining room table from Christmas to New Years during  the week between the two. This day I changed out the table runner from traditional Christmas to a runner with a blue and silver winter theme. I also took up any little tchotchkes that screamed Christmas and replaced them with winter looking items. The buffet still looked a little to Christmasy, but I left it to change later.

Thursday: I found a trust savings account did not know I had. It was one Mom and Dad had created, I have no idea how many years ago, and would not have known about it if I were not looking for some needed year end statements from an account I did know about.

Friday: TheHub worked and I tackled the remaining Christmas decorations. The best thing about putting out very few things is there is very little to pack away. 
DIL2 and Son2 stopped by for a visit. We always enjoy seeing them.

Saturday: I took TheHub to the airport for an early morning flight the stopped by Aldi on the way home. They had advertised some silicon containers that are measured into specific serving sizes. I thought they would be handy for freezing leftovers. Since it was still early and I had not planned on stopping anywhere I had not showered, nor put on any makeup. I went  to the store anyway and was surprised to find the world continued to spin on it's axis and I did not scare any small children or dogs while I shopped. Turns out Aldi does not care what I look like as long as I pay for my stuff. Epiphany!
I came home, put things away and settled into TheHub's recliner for a day of reading and football bowl game watching. 
After the games I started watching a strange series and I still have no idea where it is going, but I will watch it through the season before I decide if I like it or not. (Right now I am leaning toward the "or not" because I found myself fast forwarding through a good bit of it)

And that closes out my year of joys. I hope you look for yours in2024. They are always out there.

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
Anne



22 comments:

  1. ROLL TIDE! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. I always look forward to your Joys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, those containers. I've never been in an Aldi marketplace, but that may have to change-- sooner, rather than later. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aldi takes a little getting used to, but you just can't beat the prices there.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year! May 2024 continue to full of joys for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Here's to another year full of joys both big and small!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your joys throughout the year. It’s a gift that, in turn, brings much joy to your readers. Have a lovely 2024! Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having them here is a gift I give myself. It os easier for me to keep them in the forefront of my mind if I document them here.

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year. I love reading your joys which always remind me of just how many I have. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, you made me laugh about not scaring anyone at ALDI!! I sometimes dash out to the recycling place before I've showered and washed my hair, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll always run into someone I know when I do!!!! Happy new year Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My rule of thumb is the worse I look the more people I know I will run into.

      Delete
  9. so true about Aldi! They love it when we shop - no matter if we've showered! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.