Translate

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Jollies For The Week

As I mentioned last week I am counting my joys as my jollies right now, and what could be more jolly than this song.



Sunday: We started the day with church, came home and did a little bit of reading and decorating, then went to a Christmas dinner party with about 10 other couples 

Monday: I had a bit of running around to do, including getting the remainder of my Christmas cards mailed, plus having a little impromptu visit with a friend. 

Tuesday: Independence Place Christmas party was in the afternoon. My beloved sister went with me and we had a wonderful time with the participants. On our way home we stopped by Trader Joe's because they have fabulous seasonal foods that must be at least looked at, if not bought. I am a sucker for their kringles and another one might have found its way into my buggy (which is cart or trolley for those of you not from the south).
When I got home I had a phone call with Sluggy, which is always a treat.

Wednesday: I met my friend F mid morning for coffee and gingerbread doughnuts. (If you have a First Watch near you try them. They are tasty little fried balls of deliciousness.) 
It was wonderful to catch up with her and hear about all the things her kids are doing now. The same kids I used to watch playing in the yard across the street are now a Physician's Assistant, a patent attorney, and a medical equipment  salesman. Time flies doesn't it. 

Thursday: I had a much needed day at home. The landscaper came and dug the trench for the stone work that is going in the front of the house. I hope I have made a decision I will be happy with, but the jury is still out. 

Friday: TheHub left work mid-day and we drove to Nashville to have Christmas with Son3 and DIL3. They are leaving for Sweden Tuesday and will be there for Christmas. Lucky ducks! While we were there we went out to eat at a Japanese fusion restaurant, Two Ten Jack. Delicious! If you are in Nashville, give it a try.

Saturday: We headed home and stopped at Cracker Barrel to grab a bite for lunch. Now who goes to Cracker Barrel without looking at all the "stuff" they have in their storefront. Usually that is me. I am not interested in buying what they sell. But as we were walking toward the hostess I happened to see a huge display of Harry Potter items. Pip (the granddaughter) is obsessed with Harry Potter. Even better, all items were 40% off. I have already taken care of her Christmas from us, but  TheHub is meeting them in Pasadena for the Rose Bowl game and will take them to her then. It really was serendipitous since Son1, DIL1 and Pip will be going to Harry Potter World the day after the game. I guess timing is everything!

Look for your joy and jolly.

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
Anne


And just in case you needed another version . . .
I listen to both repeatedly each Christmas season

19 comments:

  1. Great music today. I love anything from Manheim Steamroller. The best part of Cracker Barrel is the looking at the gifts. I think I have only ever bought one thing there. But, it is fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not usually look at the stuff. We do not go there often, usually just when traveling, but the HP items were a surprise and I am so glad we saw them.

      Delete
  2. Lots of jollies this week - which is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good week. I am actively going to pursue good weeks from now on.

      Delete
  3. I still enjoy listening to Nat King Cole! Tom's son brought with him recent photographs of his kiddos which really set me back on my heels. What happened to those silly littles? Time is a thief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think cole's voice is wonderful to listen to. And boy, does time ever fly!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a very jolly week! How wonderful to find Harry Potter stuff at 40% off! Pip will love her gifts, I'm sure. My daughter and her friends enjoyed HP World at Universal Studios.

    ReplyDelete
  5. X'mas in Sweden sounds really wonderful. The song is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't make it to Cracker Barrel very often, but I find their stuff interesting to peruse while waiting. However, I'd rather go straight to my table. Sounds like a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the HP things had not been right on the way to the hostess booth I never would have seen them. I find their store a little claustrophobic

      Delete
  7. Christmas in Sweden sounds amazing!! I'm glad you had quite a few jollies this week. Hope this week is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be wonderful to spend Christmas there!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful week! Harry Potter at Cracker Barrel, time with your sister, a trip to Nashville to see Son3 and DIL3. How neat that they are going to Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have Christmas in Sweden at least every other year, so they are very fortunate!

      Delete
  9. So much jolly. Thank you.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The HP items were a fabulous unexpected bonus!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.