Translate

Sunday, December 3, 2023

Joys and Such

This past week was a recuperating form Thanksgiving  and Iron Bowl type of week, with a little bit of running around  and a little business thrown in.
I got no Christmas decorating done in anticipation of The Exchange Club's donation truck arriving Monday morning to get the 2 gigantic moving boxes out of the living room so I can get the trees up. I need to use this week to get the decorations done and turn the house from frumpy to festive. When I get home tomorrow I am going to turn the Christmas music up nice and loud and see what I can get done in a few hours.


fingers crossed!!!

Monday: I am not sure what if anything memorable happened other than doing a ton of laundry; sheets, towels and such after DIL3 and Son3 left After a long weekend, I needed a little time to regroup so I took it.

Tuesday: My Beloved Sister and I went to my happy place to volunteer. I have said before and I repeat it often, I adore being around all the participants. We made what is called a Christmas salad, but is actually dessert. They put it together before lunch, then had it as dessert 

Wednesday: I should have gone to class but I woke, started cleaning things, then promptly orgot what day of the week it was.  "Hi, my name is Anne__and I'm a dumbass"
I did have a phone call with Sluggy which is always a highlight of any day.

Thursday: My beloved sister went with me to the bank to take care of a little estate issue we were having. One would think after three years every single bit would have been taken care of,  But to quote Rosanne Rosanadana "There's always something".
So, we had to head home and have a cup of coffee and a slice of coffee cake. I am pretty sure it is in the rules somewhere that a bit of aggravation must be followed by coffee and goodies.

Friday: TheHub came home early in the day and we headed off to Atlanta. Son3 and DIL3 met us there for some SEC championship football festivities.
 It was a fairly miserable drive there, due in part to the weather, the fact that I was driving so TheHub could do a bit of business on the phone, and all those idiot Bama fan drivers headed to Atlanta for the game. 
After checking into our room we met them at some cajun restaurant for dinner. The food was very good (not quite as spicy as I like but spicy enough for those without an asbestos mouth) and of course we loved the company. Once dinner was done we headed back to the hotel and met in the atrium for drinks and a little more talking.

Saturday: We all woke and dressed for the day before meeting in the atrium for breakfast. We had one extra ticket to the game and called TheHub's sister, who lves outside Atlanta to see if she wanted to go.  She met us at the hotel and she and I talked for quite a while before they left to go to the game. I am very claustrophobic and am uneasy in crowds of 80 or so thousand people. I always opt out of the game. DIL3 did not care to go either, so she explored Atlanta. While she was exploring I read, gave myself  a manicure and had a girl lunch bought from the snack counter at the hotel__diet coke and a pack of pickles.
At game time She returned and we watched the game in my room. Bama won!!! Roll Tide Roll.

Sunday: After breakfast we packed  and began the drive home on a beautiful day. The College Football Playoff teams were to be announced so we tuned in to ESPN radio to listen to the committees choice. We were very excited to hear Alabama was the 4th team picked. They might not win another game, but at least they have a seat at the table.
When we got back to the house, we unloaded our things and headed out to pick up something for lunch. . We decided to just eat there instead, then head to Publix to pick up Dukes Mayo (BOGO).
Once home we both changed into soft clothes and settled down to watch Band of Brothers. I had forgotten how well done it is.

So now I will move into this week with no football and I can start Christmas in earnest! That will be one of my biggest joys. Look for yours no matter how small.

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
Anne

21 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good week. Lots of the people you love and volunteeering in your happy place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love being at I.P. I get so much more out of being there than I could ever give them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The best part of getting dressed for the day is coming home to put on soft clothes and take off makeup

      Delete
  3. You had a busy week :-)) Enjoy the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really nice week! Duke's mayo is the BEST isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diet coke and pickles. That's my kind of supper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, dealing with an estate three years along (has it really been that long?) would be very frustrating. I hope things are complete soon.
    I did not see the game this week, but happy to hear Alabama will be in the playoffs. Hopefully I can catch a game or two on my streaming service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad they are in the playoff, but I understand how deeply disappointed a few other teams are they did not get in.

      Delete
  7. ROLL TIDE!!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  8. Years ago, I reveled in attending Dallas Cowboy games and motoring around DFW practically with my eyes closed. Today the idea of navigating Atlanta traffic + rubbing shoulders with all those people sounds loathsome. Coward, party of one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THe traffic is bad but I can tolerate it. I would not mind the crowds as long as I had enough social air space around me. In a stadium that just is not going to happen.

      Delete
  9. I'm not a follower of college football, but, when I heard the results of the game on TV news, that night, I thought of you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I think I have been pretty obvious that I am an Alabama football fan.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.