Translate

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Joyu, Joy, Joy!

This week has been a joyous week, even with some of the trials cleaning out Mom's house brings. My hope is that when I am rereading the accumulated list of joys on December 31, I will remember this week with a big grin on my face.

Wednesday: Son3 and DIL3 drove from NYC to Birmingham and got her a little after midnight. After unloading the things that needed to be out of the car before morning temps would make the car feel like an oven, we had some brief conversations, they ate a little then hit the sack.

Thursday: One thing I never think about as joyous is the ability to cook outside whenever I want to. On his first full day here Son3 wanted to grill. There was a special joy seeing him excited about cooking and another joy only having to prep the fixings to go with the burgers. Additionally I did not go to Mom's to clean out stuff!

Friday: Went to Mom's house to do more shuffling of stuff. Son3 came along and picked out some things he wanted to keep.  Later we had Son2 and DIL2 over for an outside safe distanced meal.

Saturday: July 4th meant one thing:swimming, bbq, and family. We had all of us over for a hot steamy 4th, but it was still fun!  We distanced, talked and laughed. It was a great day and I am so blessed to have such wonderful folks to love!

Sunday: TheHub and I watched or online church services and then had our traditional cinnamon roll breakfast when Son3 and DIl3 came downstairs. Great joy? They cook in the air fryer in 10 minutes and there is no oven heat! Win!  Later we all donned masks (in our own home) to meet Charlie Rose, one of Son3's great childhood friend's new baby! She is a doll!

Monday: Finished the remaining basement closet at Mom's and were ready to tackle the shop and unfinished basement. DIL3 tried on a swing coat Mom had made for herself years ago and it looked so beautiful on her that she is taking it with her. Mom would love that! She also picked out several more things she wants to take back to New York. I am glad they feel free to "shop" at Mom's.

Tuesday: Had a young friend call and ask if she could come by Mom's to look at things for her lake house. I was glad to let her and she found quite a few kitchen things she thinks she will need. Hooray! Less things we have to get rid of!

That about wraps up this weeks list. I know there were other joys that happened but I have been a busy beaver this week and have not really been keeping up with them, so these are the highlights. I hope each of you finds joys during the coming week and takes the time to reflect on all the good things life brings. And now I am off to Mom's for another day of sorting, cleaning and pricing!

29 comments:

  1. Seeing family always brings joy, doesn't it? Glad you're making progress on your mom's house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps to see the family but it is even nicer to have someone to interact with during the day.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a really good week and happy 4th, that's great! I hope this week is good for you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spending time with family is the absolute best! Glad you had some down time as well.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ever so thankful for the down time, but I am paying for it this week!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy the remainder of their stay because it will be over too soon. Build more memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth, especially as fast as time flies now!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a very joyous week. I'm so happy for you that you are able to spend some time with Son3 and DIL3. I'm sure they are happy to be away from the restrictions of their tiny apartment, too. :) Yesterday, my daughter said she was able to sit out in the sun for 5 minutes after she threw her trash and before she collected her mail and went back to her apartment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your daughter can find some safe outdoor time !

      Delete
  6. I started to smile as I read the title of your post - and kept smiling throughout.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy the entire week. It was such a nice break from the tedium and isolation since the Covid beast reared its ugly head.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely week of joy. I'm so happy for you having two son's for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. I wish Son1 and family could be here too, but no one wants them flying anywhere. and the drive is just too much.

      Delete
  8. I can imagine your son was so happy to be free of constraints somewhat. And, i know that made you happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are enjoying being able to go outside, plus they are able to have guests comfortably (even though it's hot) in the backyard.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you had a great week. What a lovely way to spend the 4th of July, with you're family, even if it's still socially distanced! 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun and we laughed a lot. Laughter bridges the space gap!

      Delete
  10. And a good time was had by all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day and a nice week, and now it is over and we are back at the grindstone AKA Mom's house

      Delete
  11. That does sound like a lovely week and how wonderful to be getting rid of so much of your mom's stuff to people who will treasure it. It did strike me that you're right in saying how lucky you are to be able to cook outside pretty much as and when - that's not a given for most people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny because I always assume everyone lives just like I do, when I rationally know things are different everywhere.

      Delete
  12. It’s always a joy to see family. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Family, new baby, good homes for un-needed possessions. All good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just want things to walk out the door and never come back. I am learning from this and want to reduce my possessions by at least half

      Delete
  14. Family is always the best part. Today Im enjoying church and "Hamilton"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning on enjoying Hamilton with my DIL this week!

      Delete
  15. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.