Translate

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Not Mama's Fourth of July Dessert

We were having family for a distanced 4th of July meal. I had smoked pork butt, cooked ribs and had planned the sides, but I forgot about a dessert. I needed something fast and I did not want to use the oven because I had 1 or so pounds of pulled pork warming in said oven. I searched for a dessert that was 1. Easy, 2. No Cooking, 3. Cold, because it is pretty dang warm here. TheHub was kind enough to run to the store for the things I did not  have on hand and a few minutes after he got home I had thrown this together.

                                                        Delicious Peanut Butter Stuff

1 package Nutter Butter  sandwich cookies, crushed
2 packs instant vanilla or French vanilla pudding mix
4 cups milk
8 Reeses cups (singles) chopped in small bits
1 container cool whip, thawed
1/2 cup peanut butter, melted
Additional chocolate for garnish (optional)

Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray
Crush 1/2 pack of Nutter Butters and sprinkle in the bottom of the pan
Mix the first package of pudding with two cups of milk according to package directions. Wait a few minutes for it to thicken a bit more. Using an offset spatula spread the pudding mix over the crumbs. Drizzle 1/2 of the melted peanut butter over the pudding, then sprinkle half of the chopped Reeses cups over the pudding layer.
Mix the second package of pudding with 2 cups milk and set aside.
Sprinkle the remaining Nutter Butter crumbs over the chopped Reeses cups to make an additional crumb layer. Pour all but about 2 teaspoons of the peanut butter into the pudding mix and stir to incorporate it thoroughly. Spread it over the crumbs, sprinkle with the remaining chopped Reeses cups. Spread the cool whip over the chocolate. Drizzle the remaining peanut butter over the cool whip and garnish with chocolate curls (if desired)
Stick this in the fridge for a few hours, serve and enjoy.

This was so easy to make and everyone enjoyed it, except for Son2 who declared he could not taste anything and needed another serving and a half just to make sure it was as good as everyone else thought it was. Yeah, we all fell for that line!

Try it! It's easy, tasty, can be made a day ahead, and it's cold!  Oh for the record there is nothing even remotely keto about this!



16 comments:

  1. That looks delicious and fitting for the hot day we had. You made my heart skip a beat when you said he could not taste anything. Whew! The joker scared me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says that every time there is a delicious dessert.

      Delete
  2. Looks and sounds delicious! It's a good thing that I don't have any of those ingredients on hand, except for the milk and no one to run to the store for me! LOL. Now, if you have any desserts to be made with dulce de leche, I'm all ears, since I received 6 cans of the stuff instead of the regular condensed milk I ordered! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been pondering your ddl issue. Since it is just caramelized condensed milk there should be a ton of desserts to use them for, but I can't think of any right now.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I'm sure that would be a hit with my adult children and the grandson!

    Happy to hear you were able to spend time with family on the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pathetic I didn't even cut open the watermelon we bought, let alone make a pie. Ex-CB had to work on the 4th so really we had very little in terms of a cook-out.
    I'm glad most of your chicks were there for the Holiday. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The New York gang is here for a while. The local couple plus my sister and BIL were here.
      If it had just been the two of us we would have ridden to Full Moon and picked up a bbq sandwich

      Delete
  5. That's my kind of desert. It looks like it could be made in muffin liners as individualized deserts as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.