Translate

Friday, March 19, 2021

2021 Week 11 Joys.

As has become my normal I list the joys of the week here then will re-read them on New Years Eve to see that every single day of the year was filled with something that brought me gratitude and joy. This week is no different, so here are my joy for the 11th week of the year


It is worth mentioning that I picked the song for this week this past Friday because when I posted my daily joys it was a perfect day. If I had picked this song on Wednesday,, I probably would have chosen Lena Horne singing Stormy Weather, and now winter is back! (Just for a couple of days, but still___I was in spring mode so I think this is rather rude of Mother Nature!)

Friday: The day was gorgeous! It was just perfect weather and even though pollen was beginning to drift down from the trees, it was still not so bad that we couldn't have the house open. 
I got to meet Mom's sitter's baby. He is a complete doll and I told his mom if she needs someone to watch him for an hour or two I would be more than happy to keep him.
Son2 is off on Fridays and he was getting his second Covid shot. While he was out he ran by here for a maskless visit and a little afternoon basketball watching. The SEC basketball tournament is going on and Bama won! Roll Tide! 
That night TheHub and I had our Friday date night by grabbing some take out, then coming home to eat.

Saturday: This was another beautiful spring day. Instead of doing normal weekend things (I don't remember the last normal weekend we actually had) TheHub worked all day and I did things around the house. In fact until TheHub called on his way home from work I had not uttered a single word to another human.
Alabama played Tennessee in the basketball tournament and they won by the skin of their teeth. Roll Tide!
Later we went to a "new" to TheHub butcher shop. I had been there before and it was just a regular butcher shop, but when we walked in Saturday evening they had jazz music cranked up. It was really nice to be able to shop while moving/dancing to the beat. I love jazz and told the owner I might have just found my people. 

Sunday: I was here alone during the morning because TheHub went in to work very early. I just don't think working 7 days a week is a good plan and I hope it ends soon. I was able to stream our church services and then  participate in our Webex Sunday school class. 
A few minutes after our class was over I got a phone call from TheHub saying he was headed home, then Son2 and DIL2 called to say they were headed over. We all watched the SEC tournament final game. Alabama/LSU. It was a nail biter going down to the wire. In the end Bama won by 1. 
Afterward TheHub and I went out riding around. He still wants to look at potential places to move. I am going nowhere for a while*!
When we got home we watched the end of the Alabama/Auburn softball game. Roll Tide!

Monday: For some reason my sister hates March. Each time she has had things that went majorly wrong, it happened in March. We have traced it back to when she was about 10 and woke one March morning unable to walk, swollen, with a rash over her entire body, requiring a hospitalization and a boatload of tests that provided no real diagnosis. It seems that each year after that something debilitating, dangerous or disagreeable has happened to her in March. 
By the time we were teens I kept telling her that in a previous life she must have been around during Caesar's March escapade. Which leads to something I have been doing to her for as long as she has had her own phone (or office phone at her desk). I call her every year like I did Monday, pitch my voice as low as I can get it, and slowly say, "Beware the Ides of March". Then we both crack up laughing.
An aside: This year her March Madness happened on day 1. The side wall of her septic tank collapsed, but it was nothing that about 7 grand and 11 days couldn't fix. Oh crap! (Both literally and figuratively)

Tuesday: This was a lightening up day. I was straightening all my clothes in my armoire when I noticed everything was heavy and dark. At first I thought I would just move a few things upstairs and grab a few lighter spring clothes but before I knew what was happening I had lugged nearly all of my winter duds upstairs and brought all of my spring/summer wardrobe down. I do keep a few things out to wear if it is colder but recently I have been tooling around wearing only capris and flip flops. If it is cold I will have to get by with jeans and a hoodie. So my joy was getting this seasonal task done without having time to dread doing it.

Wednesday: The weather was supposed to be horrid and I had no way of moving my new vehicle in the garage. One side is still filled with stuff from Mom's and lingering lake house things, and the other has a batting cage in it. (don't ask). My sister called me early in the morning and suggested I take my car to Mom's and park it in her garage. Brilliant idea! She met me there to drive me home, so my car was safe from the predicted hail that never materialized and the debris from the tornados that did not happen here either. I am truly saddened though for the people whose homes did get hit by them.

Thursday: I had a surprise visitor. My DIL2 was working near me and had some time between patients, so she came by to visit/kill some time. Then my sister drove over to take me to get my car from Mom's basement. It was a banner morning. 2 humans were in my house at the same time. It was so nice to be able to see them and to laugh and talk for a bit.

* There is a codicil that would make me move. If we got a phone call out of the blue from someone who said they wanted our house as is and offered a cool million, I could be out in two weeks. But the chances of that happening are about the same as me being a size 8 by summer.

26 comments:

  1. Spring was a tease last week. The videos on TV of the damage were scary. At least only one person in the whole South died, someone in MS. I bet you could be out in two weeks if you wanted to, really wanted to be out. But, where would you move? (rhetorical) It is nice to be asked, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I got a million for this house I would not care where I moved. I could live in n apartment until I decided. Of course only some deranged person would pay me that for this house!

      Delete
    2. Or someone with a door fetish....

      Delete
  2. We get lot's of tease moments in the spring up here, but I would like a good hard rain to freshen things up. My sister, who is now 11 years older than me, has a March 15th birthday, so yeah, she will get lots of messages like you leave your sister. The next in line sister turns 65 in June, so then she takes the place of honor being exactly 10 years older than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of years I forgot to call my sister early in the morning and when I finally remembered she would tell me she had been waiting for it.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you dodged the crazy weather with your vehicle. Yes, we all likely would take that kind of price tag if offered...real estate has gone crazy here with many thousands over asking. Our cozy bungalow is now one of our biggest assets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My house is definitely not worth a cool million but, if offered, I would take it in a heartbeat!

      Delete
  4. Oh your poor sister - I think I would start being superstitious about March too if I'd had her luck! I'm not keen on March either as that's when we get our major storms. That being said, we had snow on Tuesday and Wednesday and today I've walked 9 miles in jeans and t-shirt, so I guess spring is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is definitely here, but we always have a couple of reminders in March that winter is not giving up easily.

      Delete
  5. Love your joys - and am very glad that your sister's March woes were expensive and messy but not lingering. Christmas is our disaster time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad for her that is was no worse than it was.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad the weather wasn't as bad as you had expected there. It sounds like a pretty darn joyous week otherwise. It's only in the 60s here in Florida today which is insane at this time of year. Spring officially starts tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very glad also. It was very cool here but it will be back to more normal temps in a couple of days.

      Delete
  7. Your poor sister. Septic tank problems are horrible. I hope March troubles are over for her.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your joys.
    Have a joyful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your sister's March luck will change!

    You had a productive week and managed to find joy in each and every day. Spring weather is very unpredictable, isn't it? Glad there was no weather-related damage in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear the septic tank. what a mess. Your poor sister. For us it is February, bad things happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird how everyone has some particular month when everything seems to be its worst.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a week of many good things including basketball. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only like basketball in March. Most yes I choose a random team to cheer for but so far this year I have a home grown one!

      Delete
  12. It seems the Alabama college teams are contenders in any team sport. Well done!

    I had a friend who used to say that for her, odd years were good, even years were not. I wonder how she managed last year? Your poor sister, she must just dread the coming of March.

    Wouldn't we all take a million for our homes...won't happen here either. Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During the later days of February, my sister's dread starts and we just sit back and wait!
      The football team is usually good (not always great but good). The basketball team has not been uniformly great, but they are having a good year so far this year.
      I would take a million in a heartbeat, but would be worried that family members might have the buyer committed!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.