Translate

Friday, March 12, 2021

Small joys are still joys!

And so the 10th week of 2021 is over. Thus far, the year has been anything but stellar, but I truly hope with the vaccine being administered nationally that a lot of the restrictions can be safely lifted without complacency on everyone's part. 
Today is March 12, a day for me to remember Mom, and also it is Alfred Hitchcock Day. Normally, I would have no idea it was Hitchcock's day, but Alexa told me about it this morning, so I am wondering how to incorporate honoring Mom and celebrating Alfred all at the same time. Maybe I should wait until twilight, go stand on the deck, look skyward and in a deep voice say "Good Evening, Mom". In truth, if they were here both Mom and Dad would be laughing if I did that.



 Friday: My Beloved sister mentioned a show she and my BIL have been watching, Tell Me Your Secrets. If you enjoy a mystery series, do not begin this unless you plan on binging. I would not call it a great show and there were some serious believability issues, but it sucked me right in and by the end of Friday night I had watched/listened to 5 episodes. 

Saturday: TheHub worked most of the day Saturday while I watched/listened to several more episodes of Tell Me Your Secrets as I did some more organization and housework. (Yes, I finished it!)

Sunday: I stayed in our bedroom (I was reading a book and lost track of the time) until our online church service was mid-way over, so I had to watch it later. After it was over we had our Webex Sunday school class. It was great seeing faces and interacting (even virtually) with our friends.  Later in the afternoon we drove around looking at other potential neighborhoods. (TheHub's idea) I am still not interested at all in moving!  

Monday: Made some huge gains getting some of the lake place stuff sorted, out away or put in boxes to donate. I fondly call it regaining the living room and dining room. The basement, well, that is another story entirely.

Tuesday: I forgot to list anything on Tuesday that gave me great joy, but there are always small joys. Some days just waking up to a spring day, seeing the cardinals nesting in the back yard, and the new neighbor's cat who looks like a tiny leopard is joyful. I did finish the book I was reading and began a new one.

Wednesday:  Beautiful spring day, perfect for grocery shopping? It would have been a perfect day for so much more_______after more people are vaccinated, right? Happily, I also finished reading the book I started Tuesday.

Thursday: My sister and I met at Mom's house to get all of Mom's tax information in order and off to her accountant. I am unsure if the joy is getting everything together or if the joy is the relief of never having to do it again for Mom. Nonetheless it was joyful! Then I made a serious mistake Thursday night. I started reading a new book and once I start one I can't put it down.

Have a great week and celebrate the joys you find daily. The choice is ours to look for happiness.  

37 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I read a book I couldn't put down. I've found the book club books to be a bit challenging. I'm just sort of off this week-so as you so warmly state, I need to remember every day is a joy-there are joys to be found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does not matter if the book is engrossing or not. Once I start I have to finish. I decided the 11th week of 2021 is going to be a better more joyful week!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the heads up on the Tell Me Your Secrets. I will be sure to check that out. Sounds like a good week for you, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may or may not be something you like. It is a little dark and the characters are all so seriously flawed, but I still was sucked in.

      Delete
  3. Another joyful week in the books! Speaking of books, I'm the same way. If I start a book I don't even want to sleep until I finish it lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, Martha! I read in bed until I absolutely cannot hold my eyes open one more second

      Delete
  4. I'm like you with books. As a child, I used to read my books under the covers with a small flashlight. Do not remember ever being caught :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to read all the time, but so much has been happening around me lately that I had fallen off in my reading. I am so happy to be back at it.

      Delete
  5. Ohhh! Thanks for the television show recommendation!
    I am a reader too!
    Have a cozy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo. The show is a little dark but it kept me glued to it.

      Delete
  6. I love to read but I try my best to savor the book and not hurry through it. I'm reading a good one now and found out it is a Jenna Bush latest book choice- oh well; it's GOOD! I baked a white cake and cleaned some organic strawberries and that is dinner tonight. It's a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review about Tell Me Your Secrets. I have a feeling it may be too intense for me, but I may check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully blessed blogger will allow this comment through.
    I am not joy-ist but take my joys (gladly) in any shape of size.
    And thank you for adding to them this morning. I LOVE the thought of your parents laughing as you did a Hitchock spiel. How wonderful to know them so well that you know that would have been their reaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing loudly and with gusto was one thing they did all the time, especially at some of the quirky things we said or did.

      Delete
  9. A good list of weekly joys. You are right - they are there, we just have to look for them. :) Here's to another joyful week, ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are there for the taking, but sometimes we get too bogged down with the sameness of our days to appreciate them.

      Delete
  10. Now I'm hurt because Alexa didn't bother to tell me a damn thing.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexa and I have a special relationship. She tells me odd facts and I let her live another day!

      Delete
  11. Oooh, I might have to check out the show. Sounds fun & interesting!

    We've had a lot of joys this week. Most of which relate to the fact that the kids are going back to school! Back! To! School! Sam's school just published a schedule. Four days a week, full in person! Nick's school is a lot lower. It all has to do with what percentage of students want to come back hybrid vs remote, and how many kids they can safely put in the school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know everyone will be so happy to get back to some sort of normal and see/make old and new friends!

      Delete
  12. I’m reading The Long Winter (Laura Ingalls Wilder) and happy that our winter is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will be ready for spring. It is already here and in bloom!

      Delete
  13. I don't know why, but I haven't been able to read for awhile now...I read a few pages and then I lose interest. Perhaps it's too much time on the internet. I'm behind in my programs as well, but I know exactly why that is since I'm watching the curling instead.

    You are correct, there are joys in everyday - simply waking up on this side of the dirt is one of them. :)

    Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get like that with reading when I have too much on my mind!

      Delete
  14. I had a struggle getting my tax information ready for my CPA this year. It was done and my taxes are ready but I started wondering about who will do this when I am completely lost. Guess I better show my daughter how to operate my online tax portal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are setting up everything so that our sons can take over when it is needed (hopefully not for a long time, but who knows?)

      Delete
  15. Even when I love a book I often fall asleep when I try to read late in the evening. I think you are lucky to be able to binge read!

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get into a reading flurry, I binge and usually I will have a 4 or 5 book bender.

      Delete
  16. To my mind, spring is the most joyful season. A bit of sunshine and a few primroses and I'm good. As for that music, I find it hard to believe that was actually a funeral march but ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess it is just a funeral march for puppets!

      Delete
  17. Beautiful weather we are having in Alabama! I totally understand about the moving thing. I am kind of ambivalent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What part of Alabama is yours Cindy? The weather has been glorious hasn't it?

      Delete
    2. Well, I work in South Alabama, Wilcox County, but I live about an hour north of work, so definitely south for work, but south central for living,, but I spent many of my years in West Central Alabama, and grew up in very nirth Alabama...so I am from all over, with a ten yr detour to Mississippi,,,,lol

      Delete
  18. I didn’t know there was a day for Alfred Hitchcock. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did I, Nil! Alexa tells me all kinds of things I would never have known.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.