Translate

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Bloggety, Blog, Blog, Blog

I follow Annie at Tuesday 4, when I remember it is Tuesday. This being a holiday week, I am still convinced today is Monday, but I saw a couple of Tuesday 4 posts in my blog roll, so I am conceding my belief that it is still Monday.

Today's questions are about our personal blogs


1.  Tell us about your blog. When did you start blogging
It began in January of 2011. I was trying different recipes and blogging about them. It has since morphed into a hodgepodge of a blog with music, joy, and food as the focus (mostly) 

2.  What prompted you to begin blogging? 
A young friend of mine had a blog trying 100 new to her dishes. I really did enjoy it so I thought I would try one new recipe a week for a year. (It did not last that long though) and blog about it.
 
3.  What was your first blog about and why did you choose that subject/title?
The first blog post I ever wrote was titled "It Begins at the Beginning". I was writing it as a food diary for myself to chronicle the new to me recipes I tried. I chose that title because it was the beginning and all things begin at the beginning.
I tried the recipe for "The Real Deal BBQ Drumsticks", a recipe from East Coast Grill and Raw Bar inCambridge, Massachusetts  (BTW if I had not  looked back to see what the first one was I would have had no idea)

4.  How has your blog changed over time, and has it done for you what you hoped it would do in the first place?
It has gone through a few incarnations, none of them really intentional, but just evolved as things in my life changed. I have had periods where I virtually disappeared from blogging, only to reappear and either pick up where I left off or make a left turn and change directions entirely. 
I am not sure I had any real hopes for it from the beginning, other than as an online diary for me and a couple of my friends who I shared recipes/food talk with in my 3-d world.  I certainly never imagined that at some point and time I would have folks from different states, let alone different continents, read it. 
I feel lucky to have been invited to share the lives of those whose blogs I follow, and have gotten to see things through their photos, I would never see otherwise. I have learned from different cultures, religions, foods. . .the list goes on and on with things this gal from the Deep South might never know without your blogs.
I have been fortunate to have interactions with several bloggers, via cards, phone calls, emails, etc. and have formed friendships (even if they are mostly virtual) that I truly treasure. I have also been lucky to have met Sluggy when she traveled this way, and loved having them overnight on one of their trips.



I am looking forward to meeting more of you in the future! BTW for any of you traveling through Alabama, I have extra beds and a house filled with doors!


27 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed reading this post about how you started blogging. Yours is the third blog I've read, today, with posts about how it all began; I'm learning all sorts of new things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy finding things about the genesis of others blogs also!

      Delete
  2. I had another blog before my current one, actually TWO blogs that didn't last long. 1 blog predates blogger. lol

    Oh, just wait until I finish my Western Trip saga from 2017. Yes, it has taken me 4 YEARS and counting to get as far as Missouri but Imma gonna finish this sucker this year! I got some great shots(and video)of all things Western in Wyoming, Utah, etc. so something to look forward to that isn't Deep South. I am honored to be your first in RL blogger friend. 8-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will look forward to the Western Tales.
      The honor is all mine!

      Delete
  3. I am going to remember that invitation lol! Thanks for sharing your blogging journey with us. I'm so happy to have met you along the way. I feel the same way you do. I love that I'm able to easily connect with people from all over the country and all over the world, it's really amazing!

    I have been lucky enough to meet some of my blogging friends in real life too. I'm always amazed when we meet that I feel like I'm hanging out with an old friend - exactly the person I knew from blogs. Bloggers tend to be very authentic, no false fronts like other social media and I just love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been wonderful to "meet" others using blogs as an introduction!

      Delete
  4. I joined in with the Tuesday4 today for the first time inspired by you and others. It's interesting to learn about the beginnings of blogs and if they have gone where intended. You have a good groove going with yours now and I enjoy hearing about your life and recipes even if most of them have too much heat for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know things I eat are too hot for you, but heat is always optional!

      Delete
  5. Blogging has expanded my world. I am infinitely grateful for the bloggers I have met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I. Now if I could just be beamed to distant places like Kirk and Spock life would be perfect !

      Delete
  6. I enjoy reading and commenting on fellow bloggers' blogs. It is the feedback and interaction that keeps me blogging. Thank you for being a fellow blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the virtual friendships that are the best part of blogging. And it blows my mind, too, how many people from all around the world find my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about the best part of blogging being the virtual friendships!

      Delete
  8. I started to try and get out of debt and it worked. It took 9 years but it worked. Sluggy is a treasure and was so much help on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love a woman who calls a spade a spade! She is indeed a treasure.

      Delete
  9. I started out with reading cat blogs and ventured into the world of blogging by starting a blog for my cats in 2013 written from their perspective. That blog is still up and running but as the cats have aged there are less frequent posts. Many of the blogs I followed at that time have gone dormant as well.

    I started my own blog sometime after that - it's still out there but I had to shut it down when I foolishly posted something not quite appropriate and faced the consequences as a result. I started a new one where I "Maebeme" and a few folks followed me there. Funny I average 80-100 views on my posts but the same dozen folks are the ones who comment regularly. I have to wonder if some of the people who stirred the pot on my original blog have found me again and are ready to pounce if I say something they don't like.

    I enjoy reading blogs - hearing how others live (and eat) and reading of their experiences gives me a broader perspective. And if I'm ever out your way, you can bet I'll drop in for a visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most people don't leave comments and that is ok. I try to leave them, but sometimes time and I are enemies and even though I read them all, occasionally I do not comment (especially on the weekends)

      Delete
  10. I started my blog in 2015 because two older ladies on my solos (post-divorce) trips told me I had to do it and I would regret it if I didn't. What they meant was to write down my stories for my kids' sake. And they were right. My kids love the old stories from as far back as I can remember so I'm hoping, some day, my kids, grandkids and whoever will enjoy rereading them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure this is just a decent chronicle of my everyday life. I do write the family stories for my kids, but keep those private, not on my blog.

      Delete
  11. I started blogging in 2007 because I was tired of the group I was on. The rest I don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never on any groups, I just started as a personal food diary to share with a couple of friends

      Delete
  12. I ridiculoulsy though I would blog and eventually find a niche to eanrmone. Well after severla year sof puttig Adsense, and a grand total of $400 and change, I decided the money was not going to happen and the ads were annoying. Maybe I'll try again, but now Ijust like the friendships, the venting LOL, and trying ot have a sort of ournal to read back at soem point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried to monetize mine. have just enjoyed getting to "know" others and reading about their lives.
      I wish this had been an option when my older kids were younger!

      Delete
  13. What an interesting blog post, Anne. I really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do like the Tuesday 4 questions she poses.

      Delete
  14. I confess, I never venture out of my county, but someday I may make it up north for a visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.