Translate

Monday, July 5, 2021

Green Beans:My New Zucchini



Well it is a holiday week and I am completely off schedule. Today felt like a Sunday and I guess I treated it like it was. 

Anyway here is the meal plan I had for last week
1. Taco salad
2. Chopped pork, collard greens, caulitato salad, sliced tomatoes
3. Baked chicken tenders, asparagus, tomato cucumber onion salad
4. Veggie meal TBD based on harvest and produce stand availability
5. Chicken vindaloo over caulirice, green beans, some sort of salad
6. Keto cereal with blueberries (TheHub has a business dinner)
7. Grilled fish, either tuna or snapper, coleslaw, keto hush puppies, green beans, something else (?)

This is what actually happened: (You might notice an excess of green beans)
Monday: TheHub was out at a dinner meeting and I decided I would only eat something that required no cooking. 
Guacamole on keto toast

Tuesday: Since we are getting so many green beans, I had cooked them early in the day, and made the cucumber peach salad ahead of time also. (Special thanks to Rachel for posting it. I altered it slightly cause we both love heat in foods and it was a huge success. Something I had never imagined.)
Orange ginger chicken green beans cucumber peach salad

Wednesday We are swimming laps each evening after TheHUb gets home and delaying dinner until after the swim. I need meals that can be prepped early with minimal cook time when we are through with our laps. I had all the salad veggies prepped and the cooked and seasoned meat thawed.  
Taco salad

Thursday: Cooking green beans is my new daily activity. I have been cooking them early in the morning then sticking them in the fridge so all I have to do is reheat them. I also found a bit of ground chuck that had to be cooked immediately. Supper kind of planned itself.
Hamburger patty, green beans with onions and potatoes, tossed salad

Friday: I worked at Mom's all day Friday and was a bit harried when I got home.  After a swim we rinsed off then rode to find something (anything) to eat. We finally settled on Jacks
Chicken, coleslaw, mashed potatoes or none

Saturday:  The produce truck farm I love frequenting was open so we went early to grab a few things we needed/wanted. Their harvest was just gorgeous so I bought a lot!
Pink eyed peas, air fryer okra, corn on the cob, green beans, tomato and cucumber slices

Sunday: Happy 4th!
We had a bbq meal for lunch with Son2 and DIL 2 followed by swimming. Afterward we just wanted a light dinner
Salad

And now on to this week
1. Leftovers
2. Chopped salad
3. Grilled tuna, tossed salad, green beans
4. Takeout
5. Hamburgers and all the fixings
6. Veggie meal (dependent on harvest and the produce stand)
7. Grilled chicken with grilled veggies, tomato cuke and onion salad

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all.

20 comments:

  1. Your dinners ALWAYS sound good.
    Enjoy the beans. And more beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will trade my zucchini for your green beans! LOL. Yesterday, we made zucchini chocolate brownies (used up most of a zucchini, the rest was grated and frozen); today, we made more chutney (used up two big zucchini but, then, I picked two more!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made zucchini brownies and thought they were great! I would swap green beans for zucchini right now, but the zucchini is blooming like crazy now and could possibly start producing heavily again.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I never would have thought to put the two together but it was really good, though I did add some hot pepper flakes and a little minced onion to it, to heat it a bit!

      Delete
  4. Yum, everything sounds delicious, Anne. Will you share the link to the peach and cucumber salad please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click on the name Rachel in the post it links to the recipe on her blog

      Delete
  5. Sounds like everything worked out perfectly on plan or not. You can send over some of those lovely fresh green beans if you have too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enough that we can eat them every day, plus I am freezing some every other day.

      Delete
  6. Thank you (and Rachel) for posting that cucumber/peach salad. I'm always on the lookout for new recipes and since my kids will try anything I'm sure that will be a hit. I remember once making a smoked duck salad with pomegranate seeds which they LOVED - and I'll be buggered if I can find the recipe again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peach /cuke thing was really tasty but I am more intrigued by the smoked duck pomegranate salad.

      Delete
  7. You are so good with your meal plans. I always told myself that I would plan meals after we retire and that hasn't happened yet. Mark retired 3 years ago and I've been home for more than that. We shop and then in the morning decide what we want to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to use things I already have in the freezer, along with fresh produce, so I am buying very little. Even though I plan I seldom actually follow the plan,

      Delete
  8. I would love to have green beans but the deer. I loved it is a Holiday week so I am completely off... yes and what else is new? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I meant I was a little bit off more than my normal "little bit off"!

      Delete
  9. I have a fabulous peach, mozzarella, basil salad on the menu this week. It's one of our summer favorites. It's incredibly easy - https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/peach-mozzarella-basil-salad

    I don't think it's as good as leftovers, so recommend making just enough to eat that day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the recipe! Right now when the peaches are perfect I love having options!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still havne't found that person who can't seem to give enough zuchini away-an dnow I want to find the green beans person. Farmers market here I come.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.