Translate

Monday, July 12, 2021

Well, I Did It Again


A plan is only as good as the planner who sticks with said plan, which is why my plans never really work. I am kind of fickle with mine and fall into the more impetuous realm of living/cooking. Still, over and over I continue to plan, and over and over I fall off the plan. 

I am truly sorry I subject y'all to the first song that pops into my head, but once it is in there it must be shared!

This is what was planned: 
1. Leftovers
2. Chopped salad
3. Grilled tuna, tossed salad, green beans
4. Takeout
5. Hamburgers and all the fixings
6. Veggie meal (dependent on harvest and the produce stand)
7. Grilled chicken with grilled veggies, tomato cuke and onion salad

And this is what the universe decided we would eat:
Monday: We had several leftovers languishing in the fridge, most just a couple or three bites. we had one of those meals where the plates were filled and zapped in the microwave. They were both filled with different items, but it  managed to empty 5 different containers of things.
Ribs, (we had enough for 2 each)  assorted leftover sides                 

Tuesday: I had planned on making chicken but TheHub had it for lunch (I did not find out until I was about to cook) . Instead I raided the freezer (this is why I keep packages of browned ground chuck in the freezer at all times) and grabbed a few things from the crisper. The result was a pretty decent un-nameable meal.
Ground beef with assorted somewhat Italian flavored vegetables, (green beans, onion, zucchini, poblano pepper, and tomatoes), peach cucumber salad

Wednesday: Instead of grilling I opted to cook inside. And of course we had more green beans that had to be cooked.
Greek chicken, Greek style green beans, cucumber and tomato slices, toast (keto bread or toasted hamburger buns)

Thursday: TheHub left work early so we could get some errands done. After running around a bit we decided to pull into Publix and pick up a rotisserie chicken. Luckily I had enough leftover sides to complete the meal.
Mojo chicken, leftover green beans with potatoes, sliced tomatoes and cukes, leftover caulitato salad

Friday: My SIL came to spend the weekend with us and was getting in a bit later than we normally eat. I wanted something simple that could either be reheated or cooked very quickly once she got here. I decided to do a little of both.
Seared tuna steaks in a lemon butter sauce, vegetable medley, peach cucumber salad, toast

Saturday: We goofed around and ran some errands, then SIL went to visit a friend. I had been doing a few things while she was out and all of a sudden she was coming back and I had done nothing to prepare for dinner.  Thankfully we had been to the produce stand that morning and I always have something in the freezer that just needs to be thawed and reheated.
Pulled pork (frozen), with or w/o buns, corn on the cob, collard greens (frozen), tomato slices, cucumbers

Sunday: The temp was not too high, but the humidity was oppressive. Nothing sounded good or bad. At least I had a lot of fresh produce on hand for inspiration
Zipper peas, corn on the cob, air fryer okra, keto fried green tomatoes, sliced tomatoes, keto peach crumble***

And now on to the plan I probably won't keep this week:
1. Veggie meal subject to garden and produce stand finds, keto cornbread
2. Meat loaf*, caulimash,  sautéed zucchini, tomato slices, peach cucumber salad
3. Greek style snapper,* green beans, tossed salad, keto dinner rolls or keto hushpuppies
4. Maurice Salad, rolls or keto crackers
5. Thai lettuce wraps
6. Chicken** enchilada bowl
7.Take-out

I think the only thing I need to purchase this week is ground chicken and some turkey (unless I find some while digging through the freezer)


I hope you all have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all!

This is for my use, so I will know where I found the items while planning the menu or what I need to bake and freeze.
*   Big freezer
** kitchen fridge

Baking for the week:
Keto "corn bread"
Keto dinner rolls
Keto zucchini brownies


***Peaches are not really keto, but they are perfect right now and "must" be incorporated into the meal plan. I can give up the carbs somewhere else and do dirty keto every now and then, especially when peaches are at their prime.

20 comments:

  1. I so understand you being unable to pass up peaches while they are at their best.
    We call ground meat minced meat. Your Tuesday meal sounds like what we refer to as a 'mince mess' and is a bit of meat and a lot of whatever else is available. I am told it tastes just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minced sounds so much more continental than ground, but then I am a peasant so it fits me! We don't call it anything but we eat it just the same!

      Delete
  2. You said 'dirty keto'....*snort*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like all worked out well as it usually does. If nothing else your plan is a guide if something else doesn't come along. Everything sounds great too. About those peaches you need to use, have you ever tried peach caprese? It's a must try if you haven't - it's lifechanging! I drizzle mine with balsamic glaze, so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard about it before and not only does it sound wonderful but I have a big pot of basil growing right outside my kitchen door.

      Delete
  4. Without the kids, we are definitely much more haphazard on the meal planning. We must be easier to please. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most adults just want to eat and move on to something else, so anything goes!

      Delete
  5. I call cleaning the fridge a mustgo meal everything must go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have just enough leftover for lunch, so I guess I am cooking too much

      Delete
  6. All of your meals sound delicious. I love it when I am able to use the food and clean out the bowls in the fridge. We haven’t had a rotisserie chicken in so long. We need to get one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to empty containers and get them out of the fridge.

      Delete
  7. At least you are making a meal plan, even if you don't always follow it! I am trying to meal plan (after I turned down daughter's offer to cook for the week) and failing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as a meal is eaten it is not really a fail!

      Delete
  8. Planned or not, your meals always sound delicious to me. I've been asking Alexa to remind me to do things. For some reason, I do better with her telling me than when I make notes to myself. I always listen to your music while I'm reading your post. I enjoy it.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will write the first couple of sentences and then some song jumps into my brain and will not leave until I add it to the post.

      Delete
  9. It would truly be a sin to skip peaches for any diet! They are so delicious! Some nights, I have dinner planned and end up eating up what is in the refrigerator. It works and Tommy is okay with all the leftover, even happy. Eat more peaches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat very little fruit because of the carb count, but I am enjoying a few bites of a peach a few times a week. I am going to live large this week and have a little watermelon (sans mustard)

      Delete
  10. Eclectic eating is my plan this week. I envy all that produce coming to your table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been raining a lot in the afternoon now and is so wet that it has slowed down for a bit. Now I am just getting a third pound of green beans a day

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.