Translate

Sunday, July 23, 2023

Teeny Tiny Joys

If I were not keeping a list of my  daily joys, I would not even bother doing this. I am not feeling sorry for myself nor am I depressed. I have just been respecting the heat, staying in the house for the most part, and other than my daily call with My Beloved Sister and talking with TheHub at night I have had very little interaction with the outside world this week.  In fact if I did not love reading so much, I might have felt alone this week.  



Sunday: We were both tired and the day was mainly a day of rest and reading.

Monday: I did a ton of laundry. The actual doing was not joyous, but having it done and put away was.The best part of the day was getting to talk with Sluggy. 

Tuesday: Debated going to the grocery store. Publix had Duke's mayo logo, but when I looked in my stash I found I had another jar that was still unopened. There was nothing else that was really enticing in the food ads, so I stayed home and read "The Silent Wife". I also had a catch up conversation with my good friend C. We have been friends since we were in high school together.

Wednesday:  Another day spent at home, but I did at least start working in the laundry room. We have a huge laundry room that tends to become a dumping ground for anything that does not have a dedicated space. My focus is to see what I can live without, or is no longer useful to me, and get rid of it.
I also keep our excess pantry items on shelfs there. I was able to organize all the canned foods  by type and expiration date. Now I know I have to find somewhere to use a large can of tomato puree__PDQ

Thursday: More shuffling through stuff.

Friday: Friday was uneventful until I talked with Kim's Sissy.

Saturday: TheHub and I did our usual running around, came home and we both read for a while, then ended the night at the Independence Place annual fundraiser. Our neighbors K and P went with us and it was nice getting to know them a little better while we ate dinner then listened to 5 performers sing. Instead of coming home with things from the silent auction, this year everything we bought was either an experience or consumable. Win/win

Now this week is over and it is time for me to get out and about. Fortunately I have several plans for the week so I don't have to rely on self motivation to be around people..

Have a great week!

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
Anne

21 comments:

  1. Buying experiences as gifts is something himself and I have been doing for several years. They are wonderful - and my memory banks never need dusting or decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about experiences. A good friend of mine recently had a birthday and like me, she needs/wants nothing. Before he died, her husband took her car and had it washed and cleaned every other week. Since his death it had not been touched. Her daughter in law got her car, took it to a detailer and brought her back a shiny spotless car. She declared it was the best birthday gift she has received in a long time.

      Delete
  2. We usually go to the park or for a drive. But, this past week it was so hot, we decided to stay in. We did little grocery shopping, either. It seemed like a week to mostly stay home for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last week was miserable. I did get out a little today and it was not too bad.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy quiet weeks. We're getting some high temps so I'm happy to stay home.
    There is always such a sense of accomplishment when things are well organized. Or maybe I'm a little nuts that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like things organized, I just don't like doing the organizing

      Delete
  4. You did a good job finding those daily joys. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little joys are still joyous. Though I am not sure straightening and decluttering is really joyful to me. I abhor housework.

      Delete
  5. I think you had a great week and hopefully a new week will be just great, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All weeks are good, some are just filled with more activities than others.

      Delete
  6. It was a relatively quiet week for me as well and I didn't mind at all. You did a good job finding the joys. Stay cool and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I have a couple of good books and iced tea I am fine having a slow week.

      Delete
  7. I hope the coming week isn't quite as hot, and you find it very enjoyable.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not I actually kind of enjoyed a week doing very little. This week will be different but hopefully nice in a different way.

      Delete
  8. Well done on the silent auction. I haven't been to one in a while, but the last one I got dog stuff and Coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We agreed beforehand to bid on nothing that required space to contain it.

      Delete
  9. I swear the laundry is a never ending story. We have had extreme heat and it's best to stay inside. I hope your week goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How I envy you a laundry room - v. our laundry closet in the kitchen. Our family's all about experiences, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may well have the world's largest home laundry room and it is a fright right now, but I am attacking a part of it every day.

      Delete
  11. I think you week sounds just right. Quiet and calm.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.