Translate

Monday, December 21, 2020

Flying By The Seat Of My Pants


Monday is my usual meal planning post, but I am just not feeling it this week. I have a ton of food in the freezer and a good amount of produce, so whatever happens just happens. We do not do a big Christmas dinner, preferring a brunch instead. This has been a strange year and traditions are out the window, so who cares whether we eat traditional foods or try something entirely new. We will be over fed and still have fun,.




                                                     Weird Christmas song for a weird year!

Christmas sighting Day 21: I am late getting this posted because I finally baked today and forgot about this until late Monday night.

Obviously this is the mantle. I have way to many lights there but I love all of them. My den is very dark at night and I like the way it lights up this particularly dark wall. Mom made all the stockings. Mine is form my first Christmas, the she made his when we were married.. Son3 got his when he was born and I rigged Mom's stocking for DIL3. I will figure out a more permanent solution for her after Christmas.


These are my hearth critters. I like a tad of whimsy and when you squeeze the pig it forces air in which makes an oinking noise.  The monkey with the fez plays cymbals, and the other monkey turns flips. The Santas  just stand there looking over the room. Maybe they keep the monkeys and the pig in order. They are from some scrap wood I found.. I drew the shapes on the wood then Dad cut them for me. 

22 comments:

  1. Love your decorations.
    Having fun is the important thing. The food (and I am sure it will be delicious) is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food is incidental now. I am just looking forward to the time I have with them.

      Delete
  2. The mantel looks lovely and the hearth critters are cute! I love the Santas, too, and both you and your dad did a great job creating them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now I can say I've heard Psychedelic Christmas, and it's fine with me if I never hear it again. It's definitely weird. The Santas probably threaten the monkeys and the pig with possible placement on the naughty list.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I don't have to hear it again either, but I thought it is the perfect song for such a strange Christmas

      Delete
  4. I love your mantel and hearth decorations. Your Santas are adorable and I think that is the perfect amount of lights on your mantel. I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants on menu planning too. It is what it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is what it is, is my motto for the week. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  5. Never too many lights if they fit! I bet your daughter in law was through the moon to see she had a stocking, even if a temporary one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She said this is the first Christmas stocking she has ever had. Must not be a Swedish tradition!

      Delete
  6. Love the decorations and flying by the seat of your pants totally works, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best I can do right now is fly by the seat of my pant. I am tired and just need to hang out, relax and stress about nothing.

      Delete
  7. I agree with Sam, there can never be too many lights. Might have something to do with poor eyesight on my part. :) All joking aside, I love to sit in the early morning with the lights on the tree and from china cabinet display. I feel so calm and at peace before the day begins.

    Thank you for your card, it arrived yesterday. Take care, stay well, and enjoy your family visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We need all the light we can get at this time of year. Your decorations all look beautiful.

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That mantel is soooooo pretty! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is no such things as too many lights. I think it looks perfect! Is there a story about the Santa picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago I was listening to the song "In the Bleak Midwinter" and I painted a picture of some trees in a snow scene. Then several years ago I was tired of bleak things so I gesso-ed over the canvas and decided to paint something a tad happier.

      Delete
  11. So not only are you musically talented, you can paint, too! It's obvious that you have a good eye because all of your decorations are beautiful. Now is time to relax, and as you say, what happens, happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do a lot of things a little but can do nothing well.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.