Translate

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Let Me Entertain You (it's a no-no now!)




On Tuesdays I try and link with Annie at Tuesday's 4. She asks four questions each week and sometimes they are things I have to ponder. Covid has pretty much killed any thinking about this weeks questions since entertaining is out the window right now, except for folks in my very small bubble.




1. Do you invite people over for coffee or tea?
Not generally, but if anyone stops by of course I offer them either coffee or tea. During this pandemic we have had our neighbors over in our driveway for drinks and conversation.

2.  Entertaining is a good way to serve others. Do you entertain often? Before Covid, we had guests about once a month, and had either houseguests or just dinner guests. 

3. What kind of refreshments do you offer to guests? I generally have/used to have them for dinner, so I served a meal. Sometimes it was as simple as a grilled burger and chips and sometimes it was an elaborate dinner. 

4. Do you enjoy tea and/or coffee? How do you take it?  I drink coffee and tea daily. I prefer my coffee strong and black with no sugar. If I am drinking hot tea, it depends on the type. Sometime I like just tea, sometimes I prefer to sweeten it. I love iced tea and true to my southern roots I drink it sweetened.


And for the first day counting down to Christmas this is one of my little holiday vignettes. This is on a shelf in the den. 




Also any last minute joiners for the Christmas Card exchange, email haljam27@gmail.com. The rules are simple, you send cards to 3 people and get three in return. You have until midnight CST to join in.

21 comments:

  1. Loving your holiday vignette.
    Entertaining? What is this thing of which you speak?
    I drink tea, himself drinks coffee. Both are offered to visitors (unless they are truly unwelcome). Welcome guests would/will get a meal or snacks to go with the beverage of their choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love having guests, especially for dinner.

      Delete
  2. Love your holiday vignette! They remind me the Santas of the World that my mom used to collect. I still have a few of them. I am a coffee drinker and add a bit of milk or creamer. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom had Santa's of the world and my cousin got them. I probably should have kept them myself, but at the time I just did not need anything else.

      Delete
  3. I used to entertain! Maybe I will do so again, one day! Love your holiday vignette! I am planning to decorate, this year, but, haven't made a start, yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple of skinny Old World Santas too. Mom loved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not even sure that I like them but they amuse me!

      Delete
  5. In my mind "entertaining" is built into something bigger than Ben Hur and it overwhelms me so I don't do much of it, though I enjoy it when I do.
    I drink coffee, tea and herbal teas. These are such simple questions but interesting!

    I always knew you were a big entertainer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to have people over. I think the thing I am missing most during this self imposed lockdown (I am just not ready to go out into the world with covid on the rise again) is people.

      Delete
  6. I like tea, but coffee is my jam. In the morning, anyway -- afternoons I tend to prefer tea. But I'll never turn down coffee. :-) We used to entertain a lot precovid -- so looking forward to doing that again. Drinks in the driveway, while a novelty, just isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not start my morning without 3 cups of coffee and will drink it any time of the day. Unfortunately though, as I aged I had to switch to decaf after about 2 pm.

      Delete
  7. I love your vignette! Answers, in case you are interested:
    1) No, we go out for coffee in this part of the country, but if people stop by, I offer them refreshment.
    2)I do not entertain. I don't enjoy it. My parents used to, and I always thought I would, but I like my home to be my haven. I may have a friend over at a time, to sit and chat, or do something like quilt or can, though.
    3)Coffee, tea, wine, water. I'll fix a snack tray, and I always have a baked good on hand.
    4)I despise tea. I drink coffee with cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now meeting folks for coffee was a part of my regular pre-covid routine too.

      Delete
  8. Over here they offer coffee (rarely tea - they're just not tea drinkers), or a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here the tea offer is only in the summer time in the afternoon/evening except for one of my good friends who drinks hot tea regularly. Since I know her so well I will always offer her tea when she drops by (If we ever get to the stage where we can just drop by again)

      Delete
  9. I admit that I prefer the more informal get-togethers where people just drop in the see me and take pot luck with what's on offer.

    I like your Christmas vignette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like drop in guests also. My aunt who loved company had a small sign on her front door welcoming people in with a warning "I cleaned yesterday. . . sorry you missed it" Since I am a lot like her I inherited the sign, but it Hangs over my kitchen sink instead

      Delete
  10. I'm enjoying your Tuesday4 posts. I rarely have guest over, mainly my in-laws. I prefer to go out to a cafe and catch up with friends over coffee/tea & cake. I went out for lunch for the first time since March last week due to covid. I'll be so glad when life returns to normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been out yet, but have made plans to meet a couple of friends at a park where we will bring our coffee and maybe doughnuts !

      Delete
  11. Love your holiday vignette!!! thank you for stopping by, sorry for delay I have been fighting bronchitis. I drink sweet tea. We had a small outing last night was so nice

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.