Translate

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Sunday, A Day of Rest


 Today we had some business to take care of out of town, so after Sunday School (still online) we headed out. Nothing really got done, but that is ok. I have everything lined up to be ready Thursday night late. Now that does not seem necessary since potential snowfall is changing Son3 and DIL3 travel plans. Most likely they will not leave NYC until Sunday or Monday, rather than leaving Wednesday. It is all good and gives me several more days to get more done procrastinate.




Christmas Sighting Day 13 : This is the skinny tree in the foyer. I could not get a decent angle without seeing all the Christmas stuff in boxes in the dining room and living room floor so you could see the entire tree, and we were headed out of town, so I did not have time to take it upstairs and out it where it belonged rearrange the chaos.


So here is about 3 feet of a six foot very thin tree. And now that I see this picture I see some bare spots so I must get off the computer and search for more silver ornaments to fill the gaps!

20 comments:

  1. Loving your Christmas decorations. Awed by them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol there is nothing to be awed by. I just have a lot of years under my belt and with a lot of years comes a lot of acquiring things.

      Delete
  2. Bare spots on my tree that need more ornaments or lights only seem evident when I take a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like your skinny tree! I hope your son and dil have a safe drive down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would much rather they wait until it is safe to drive.

      Delete
  4. I read about that snowstorm- having lived in Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Virginia. I've experienced many plus all the years in the Midwest. No fun and one reason I love Florida. I love your tree! When I lived in Virginia there was a time I had 4 trees and I did enjoy that. We always got a living tree too and planted it in the back yard in later. You'll get everything done and have a vert merry Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the trees but I usually have just 2, though I have had as many as 6 before. I just thought since I am on a mission to blow out Christmas this year I might as well go all out with everything (except s couple of bedroom trees. I am just not doing those)

      Delete
  5. We're getting ready for the same snowstorm--the first big one of the year. Luckily, I'm off work this week, so I won't have to worry about going out. I'm with Elephant's Child. I am awed by your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are off work and won't have to navigate the snow!

      Delete
  6. Your skinny tree is beautiful! I can't even imagine leaving the house in the snow never mind traveling in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here all life comes to a halt when it snows. I can't imagine traveling in it either.

      Delete
  7. I love the tree, even if we only got to see a few feet of it. :) I'm like you, I'll continue to add or move ornaments for several days before I'm satisfied.

    We had a bit of snow on Saturday, it has been followed by a couple of days of miserably cold weather. Last night it was -26C (-15F), and I woke up to the same temperature this morning. Still had to run out to pick up birdseed so the driveway needed to be shovelled. Brrr!

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am never totally finished until sometime Christmas Eve, because I always find another spot that could use a little love.

      Delete
  8. Your Christmas tree is beautiful. Hope your son and DIL arrive safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had much rather them delay their trip than to have issues along the way!

      Delete
  9. That tree is beautiful - although I don't know where you get the energy to put up more than one tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She will have such a special Christmas! I wish them safe travels whenever they decide to head out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank your for sharing Dean, it was just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.