Translate

Monday, December 14, 2020

Eating Before The Fat Man Gets Here





I try to make a menu so I will have some plan to use or to ignore totally. Generally I ignore the plan but use the foods planned in a different way. This week I was about 50/50 which works just fine with me. 

This is what I had planned
1. Aldi red bag chicken sandwiches, coleslaw
2. Chicken and broccoli casserole, carrots
3. Hamburger patty, green beans, rice
4. Takeout
5. Asian stir fry
6. Soup and sandwich
7. Chili, coleslaw, cornbread

This is what we actually ate:

Monday : Aldi red bag chicken sandwich, coleslaw

Tuesday:  Broccoli cheese soup with crescent rolls

Wednesday:  Captain D's grilled fish, green beans, coleslaw

Thursday:  Asian stir fry with chicken,  rice

Friday:  Grilled beef tenderloin, roasted veggies, salad

Saturday:  Sloppy Joes, coleslaw

Sunday:  We ate lunch really late and I was not hungry so TheHub had a TV dinner .  Boy is that ever showing my age. Does anyone actually call them that anymore?

What is planned for this week?
Soup
Regular chili
Stew
Takeout
More soup
Something really warm,  different stew maybe 
White chili
I don't know and I am really not feeling anything. It is cold here and I will just make do with meals and whatever happens, happens!


Christmas sighting Day !4: There are the Santa music boxes Mom gave to me throughout the years. She only quit giving them to me when she ran out of Santa themed songs because there was no need to repeat the same tune in a different Santa. I also have several Angel music boxes the gave me hat play Christmas hymns, but they are scattered throughout the living and dining rooms. Mom always knew I loved music so this was not only an appropriate collection, but is one I treasure.


24 comments:

  1. Your collection makes a pretty display, besides a nice memory. I like the Eiffel Tower lamp, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lamp was never intentional I rearranged and needed a reading light. I was wondering around Fred's one day when they were in their final closing sale and picked it up for 7 bucks. It is not what I wanted but it worked and it must not bother me too much because it is still there and functions perfectly for reading.

      Delete
  2. Your meals always work out one way or another. I love your collection of Santa music boxes, and the fact that your mother gave them to you makes them all the more special. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're now ready meals, but I still call the Banquet compartment meals TV dinners. Your Santa's are special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is frozen and a complete meal we still call them TV dinners. I am sure we are a product of our upbringing, even though the only time I ever had them when I was growing up were the nights Mom and Dad were going out.

      Delete
  4. That collection is very, very special indeed. I am so glad that you have it - this year perhaps more than ever.
    And hooray for a week where your plans were achieved 50 per cent of the time. And meals were consumed ALL of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year I looked at each one trying to remember the exact year I got them. Some I could but some I have no clue except for a range of years.

      Delete
  5. What a special collection of Santa music boxes!

    I call them frozen meals, but, I've heard the term TV dinners, too. :) They were a novelty to me when I came to this country! I still like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the music boxes!
      I guess I am just old school (and old too) and still think of them as TV dinners.

      Delete
  6. Oh those Santas are so neat- bet Pip likes them. As the oldest of 6 kids, we never had TV dinners at home but as an adult, I've purchased Lean Cuisine and WW ones many times- not bad tasting but loaded with sodium. I make my own versions also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pip has only been here for one Christmas and was too young to play with them. Eventually they will belong to Son3 (the musician)

      Delete
  7. I love your collection of Santa music boxes. Do you play them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! If I didn't they would just be porcelain doo dads!

      Delete
  8. Great menu, Anne, and I love the Santa music boxes and bet the angel ones are awesome too! Haven't had a TV dinner in ages, but do buy Lean Cuisine, etc sometimes. '
    I screwed up yesterday big time; made corn bread and navy bean soup, love, love, love it, and remembered there was ham in the freezer from Easter so threw it in the pot. It was horrible, the smell reeked through the house, I had a stomach ache, Bill worse, threw it out, and the kids thought I was crazy for cooking 8 month old ham...
    Take care and have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, TheHub bought a LeanCuisine for his dinner but we both call anything that is a complete meal a TV dinner.

      Delete
  9. Gosh that's a beautiful Santa collection. I would absolutely treasure those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do treasure them. Thank you for the lovely Christmas greeting!

      Delete
  10. Hello!
    Visiting from Rachel's blog.
    So nice to meet you!
    Beautiful Santa collection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your collection. I am sure it means more to you now that your mom has passed.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.