Translate

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Continuing the Christmas Countdown

This day was my wrapping day and as of this minute every thing I have purchased and has been delivered is living in pretty paper with bows and name tags___except for one gift on the dining room table. I wrapped it and forgot to tag it and I have no clue whose it is.  That is not exactly true, I can narrow it down to three people, it is just which of the three that baffles me. I think I will just tag it to my sister and when she opens it, if it is not for her she can just pass it to whomever it was intended.  It is not easy living with a mind that is quickly diverted by everything!



Day 15 Christmas sighting: I have double windows in both the living room and the dining room. I also have no drapes or curtains in those rooms. Most of the year I love the sparse look of them, but at Christmas time I want a little zip to the windows. This year I went with a very simple spray in both rooms. They are as identical as I could make them. If you looked at the side by side you could see the differences but because the rooms are separated by the foyer no one will ever be able to tell them apart (except for me)






 

21 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love your window spray! So pretty! I suppose you wouldn't want to unwrap the present and see who it is for and re-wrap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope I wrapped for 3 or 4 hours solid and I am just going to roll the dice with this one!

      Delete
  2. I like that color ball. Is it copper or a red?

    I haven't started to wrap presents yet, but I'm gonna have to start soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is copper. I am finished wrapping right now. I know I will have a few more odds and ends but having the bulk of it out of the way is great/.

      Delete
  3. You are very creative with your windows. Creativity can also be used as an excuse for distraction.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! We have nothing on our patio doors, and the swag would be a good solution to perk them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty easy solution consisting of a command hook, 2 evergreen sprigs( fake) an ornament, a couple of pi[e cleaners, and some tulle ribbon.

      Delete
  5. Show off. I have more wrapping to do and I strongly suspect your gifts look MUCH better than mine.
    Your mystery gift made me smile. Many, many years ago my youngest brother did all of his Christmas shopping drunk. He shopped in stores on the basis of how good looking the sales staff were, wrapped his presents that night, and labelled them some days later.
    There were a LOT of surprises on Christmas day - for him and for the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't have drapes or curtains in any of our windows -- just blinds. Like you, we crave that sparse look. Still, at this time of the year it's nice to add a bit of decoration. Yours looks great! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really pretty spray - did you make it yourself? I have no creative ability. Also, I used to really like Randy Travis. I just saw recently that he had a stroke so was very sad to hear that, although I'm glad he's making progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I made it. It was just two pieces of Hobby Lobby evergreen held together with pipe cleaners, ribbon and an ornament.

      Delete
  8. Your spray looks beautiful. Hubby wanted me to open one gift early (nighties for after surgery) to make sure they fit but now can't find it under the tree so it will wait until Thursday lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he is like me he has already forgotten what gift is wrapped in what paper!

      Delete
  9. Your window spray is gorgeous! You just reminded me that I need to get tags. I didn't have any last year and thought I'd remember by by the shape and size of the gifts. What was I thinking? LOL! Present time was a little different to say the least. I better put tags and wrapping on my to do list for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally remembered that the present was for my sister but I put her name on it anyway because she is the one person it would be easy to take it away from.

      Delete
    2. Every year I have a few mishaps. Wrong name or no name and we open the mystery gift and find it’s rightful owner. I’m teased about it but I wrap tons of presents (over 100, large family!) but I also love wrapping presents even if it is overwhelming.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.