Translate

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The Weekly Joy Round-up


My goodness, the year is nearly over and another full week has ended. 2020 has certainly thrown us all a curve or two, or even a hundred, but in the middle of all the upheaval there are still joys every single day. As I have said for nearly a year now, I intend to re-read each weekly post  on New Year's Eve and see what joy I have found on spectacular days and also in the everyday sameness of the covid world.  Look for your own personal joy. It is out there for the finding.


Wednesday  The Santa letters were done and in the mail which is a joy and a relief. I do not like to push it so late!

Thursday: My sister and I met with members of The Heart Of Dixie Rail Road Museum. Dad had a train room with a massive collection of train memorabilia dating back to the late 1800's. We were able to loan it to them, though I imagine it will become a permanent donation at some point and time. It is great that they can display it, and even greater to find another home for it.

Friday:  FaceTime with Pip. She wanted to share what she had gotten for the first two days of Chanukah. Naturally I had no idea who Fe-Fei was but I know a lot about her now. I was also assigned to watch "Over The Moon" so we can talk about it. And while we were talking she got one of her dragons who could fly Fe-Fei to the moon. I love playing with that child even if it is from afar.

Saturday: TheHub and I ran to buy new gas logs since ours had been condemned. The special joy was finding them on sale. It was not an expense we had planned for but fortunately we have a little household nest egg for things that need to be replaced. I thought I was going to be buying a new dryer, but it turns out my over 30 year old dryer could be repaired and is doing just fine. So the dryer money became log money.
Later Alabama played Arkansas and won. The SEC championship game against Florida will be next weekend. Roll Tide Roll!

Sunday: We streamed our church services from the breakfast room table, followed by a Webex Sunday school class. Afterward we ran down to the lake place, then came home and socked in for an evening with "TheCrown".

Monday: The joy for Monday was twofold, Jon, the lawn guy, was able to come and remove all the leaves and debris from the previous rain and I did not have to be the lawn guy! Money well spent! Also I finished all the time consuming Christmas decorating.
Later that afternoon mappliance repair guy was able to get to the new gas logs. They were installed, look great, plus he took the old one for disposal. 

Tuesday: I had an uneventful day until I had a phone call with the delightful Sluggy. She makes me laugh!
Later in the evening I got  photo text from my neighbor. It was a plate of cookies and candy her four daughters had made for us and left on my front porch. What a great surprise.
We had coffee and cookies while we watched "The Crown."

Christmas sighting Day 16: This is the tiny tree in the powder room. In all truth, I do not keep the lights all the time and I sure as heck do not keep the linen hand towels out all the time. I love the way they look, but they require ironing and I do not like to iron. The good thing is they are just in the powder room and since we are having no guests right now, they are fine!







20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She is pretty amazing, so is the bassist. Martina DaSilva & Dan Chmielinski

      Delete
  2. I love that you get assignments from Pip. What a good grandma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get assignments and I do watch a lot of movies I would never watch otherwise! Pssst___Don't tell her but I mainly listen to them while I am doing other things!

      Delete
  3. Your powder room tree looks almost exactly (down to twinkle lights and a few balls) like the tiny tree we have in our bedroom. The lights come on at 430 every day and shut off at 1030 (after our bedtime). It is so soothing to go to sleep with twinkle lights on. Glad you had so much good stuff. I had no idea old fireplace logs needed replacing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not the logs but the burner. It was not circulation the air properly and was an explosions risk. I will live on the edge sometimes, but not where explosions are a possibility

      Delete
  4. Love that song - I'm trying to learn to play it on the piano by myself (my piano teacher doesn't like the song!) and my daughter and I sang it together, last night. I remember you posting a link to one of their songs, earlier, too (was it last Christmas?)

    Love the little tree in the powder room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have one of them at Christmastime last year. I don't know Martina but she is friends with Son3 and DIL3. but I do know Dan. He is a lovely young man.

      Delete
  5. It's going to take you a long time to read all of your joys on News Year's Eve. And that's a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it takes quite a while. I plan to read and sip wine and feel happy that joy is all around me.

      Delete
  6. I love that you get and do assignments. Tree is nice! Tommy's father was an engineer on trains, so he is bit of a train buff, but not a collector of any train items. He said he knew about the museum if it is the one in Calera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I will watch whatever she tells me to watch. Since I am the grandmother who lives in the screen anything I can do to decrease the distance will be done. The museum is in Calera. Dad had a room dedicated to trains. He had everything from lanterns to ticket booths

      Delete
  7. It sounds like a very joyful week! I love hearing how you and Pip play together from a distance, it's heartwarming and so cute. Of course I love your Christmas sighting today too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The joys are different than I would have thought they would be this time last year, but they are there and jthe feelings I get are no less than huge joys. (Except for being with Pip in person, which is my ultimate joy)

      Delete
  8. LOVE your joys.
    And a big, big hooray for their presence in all of our lives - particularly on the crappy days.
    Today on the crisis line I am pretty sure I saved a woman's life - for today at least giving her more time to access help. That was one HUGE joy. And coming home the bus schedules meshed. Also a joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is not only a huge joy, it is a true gift given both ways! My resting bitch face is slightly damp at the moment, but don't tell anyone!

      Delete
  9. I think it's wonderful that your dad's train paraphernalia (sorry, I don't know what else to call it) have found a temporary/permanent home with people who will get much joy out of it! And I'm still watching The Crown too. Princess Margaret has just met Anthony Armstrong Jones. I think they made him rather handsome because I didn't find him that handsome in real life. He may well have been just as sexy though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really enjoyed to series. We just finished season 3 and decided to take a break from it until after the New Year. I have a lot of Christmas Movies DVRed so I think instead of royalty we should just watch Christmas stuff for a bit. Maybe it will give our sadly lacking Christmas spirit a boost.

      Delete
  10. What a wonderful week! Spending time virtually with your granddaughter is a real treat I'm sure.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the next best thing to physically being with her!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.