Translate

Monday, December 7, 2020

Feliz Navidad


I hope you enjoy this family as much as I do. I watch them daily and get a huge kick from it every day they post to Youtube. 




 And as far as meal planning goes, well, I plan, I change my mind, I open a can of soup. Life goes on.

What was planned:
1.Soup and cornbread
2. Turkey sandwiches, coleslaw
3. Chicken broccoli casserole, spinach salad
4. Philly cheesesteak casserole, tossed salad
5. Chili, cornbread, coleslaw
6. Hamburger patty, baked sweet potato, green beans
7. Veggie meal to be decided later. (I am just not feeling it right now)

What we ate instead :
Monday: Minestrone soup
Tuesday: Sausage and sautéed cabbage 
Wednesday: Sneaky Pete's hot dogs
Thursday: Turkey sandwich Goodbye Thanksgiving!
Friday:  Tacos and fixings
Saturday: Hot and Sour soup
Sunday: Beef stew, cornbread

It was cold (at least cold to us) and we don't do cold well so soups and stews reigned supreme.

What might happen:
1. Aldi red bag chicken sandwiches, coleslaw
2. Chicken and broccoli casserole, carrots
3. Hamburger patty, green beans, rice
4. Takeout
5. Asian stir fry
6. Soup and sandwich
7. Chili, coleslaw, cornbread

Day 7 Christmas sighting: This is the other end of the buffet. It has another small tree, sans lights or decorations. (This may or may not change after the chandelier is fixed) The vase holds three poinsettias made from the sheet music to the song Jingle Bells. Instead of bracts the center of each flower is three small jingle bells. The rest is just candles and fillers, but the tree does have a small gift wrapped beneath it. Now I need to get everything else finished because I have just about run out of sightings that are completed.





16 comments:

  1. Can't believe it's already time for your menu planning post, this month is flying by! Love your Christmas sighting today, looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loved the video - the little girl takes the prize for her antics and the entire family are talented.

    What interesting poinsettias! Did you make these yourself? The extra light from the candles evokes Christmas for me too.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had made them but I bought them about 5 years ago.

      Delete
  3. That was a fun video. That little girl is a trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she fabulous! They are part of my regular Youtube viewing!

      Delete
  4. And here I've been saying how warm it is around here for December. I've had to take my gloves off on walks! The buffet looks very pretty-classy and festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just do not do cold well and here what ww call cold you might call spring

      Delete
  5. Loving your decorations.
    And at least you plan - even if some of them don't quite eventuate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I do plan but a lot of times my plans get kicked to the curb!

      Delete
  6. Oh, what a great video!

    I love the Christmas sightings, too. The paper flowers with sheet music is such a great idea!

    Ah, yes, meal planning! That's what I forgot to do, today! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That family is great. I hope the little girl grows up to be as fearless and joyful as she is now.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've been eating from the pantry lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have too! I am just not feeling the need to cook!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.