Translate

Friday, December 11, 2020

The hurrieder I go the behinder I get



When I look at my house right now I feel like this should be my Christmas theme song


And just why do I feel that way? 


 Christmas Cards: Some written and addressed, others scattered on the kitchen table.

Son3's former bedroom: Linens washed, bed partially made waiting for comforter which is still in the dryer

Guest room: Linens washed, bed unmade

Foyer: Skinny tree lit but waiting on ornaments., foyer table mostly dressed, foyer door undone, monkey butler ready except for Santa hat which I can't find

Living room: Tree decorated, living room presents wrapped and under tree, bins returned to their place, more bins pulled out and in the middle of the floor.

Dining room: Chandelier dressed, windows dressed, buffet dressed, dining room table covered with wrapping paraphernalia and paper, corner cabinets__ugh!

Kitchen: Neither good nor bad. Routine kitchen maintenance is all that is required daily in there

Eat in area: Light fixture dressed, bay windows dressed, top of hutch, dressed but slightly askew, table a card wreck.

Den: Shelves, done, den tree mostly done, mantle undone, coffee table undone, sofa table undone, errant Christmas lights on the sofa (why?)

Hall: Bookshelf dressed

Powder room: Small tree lit and waiting for small ornaments

Front of house: Trees on either side of the door lit and bowed,, front door needs wreath 

Music room: Tree up waiting on them to decorate, couch needs slipcover put on

Christmas cooking: None, zip, zero! Assuming the worst happens I know where to buy Christmas treats

Instead of being downstairs writing this post, my tail should be upstairs making beds. As it is I am thinking of summoning my inner Scarlett going to bed and worrying about things tomorrow.

Christmas sighting:Day 11 

The small table in the foyer has 4 carolers, a tree (as of yet unlit), a dog ,and a snowball. Somewhere upstairs is a box with the remaining representations of our family members but it has not turned up yet. When/if it does I will put them out along with some fake snow. If not it will stay just like it is. I am pretty sure the fake snowflakes are in the same box as the remaining carolers.

18 comments:

  1. I would definitely need to channel Scarlett. By the time I get to that stage I cause more damage if I keep rushing from pillar to post.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am at the point that I am messing up more than I am getting done. I think I am taking today off.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've got lots done, already! I'm sure you'll get it all done over the weekend and your house will look absolutely gorgeous by the time Christmas arrives! My tree was set up, today and several bins of decorations brought in from the garage! Decorating will begin tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want your daughter-in-law to experience a real American Christmas, you should stop right now. It's only in the movies that everything is decorated and looks perfect. Most people don't get all done that they intend and things are messy while they are trying to achieve their vision. With that being said, it's really sweet that you want to make things special for her and I'm sure that she will really appreciate it.

    As for a White Trash Christmas, I know people who would do or say everything in that song. And many of them are my relatives. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I have some relatives that are very similar to the song also! And they are not necessarily very distant relatives.

      Delete
    2. I agree. That It's A Wonderful Life movie - ha, as if! Loved the movie but just how did Donna Reed get all her make-up, spotless kids, a fire burning, dinner going and she's just put the final ornament on the tree before smiling beautifully at her husband. THAT only happens in the movies (or Downton Abbey with tons of servants)!

      Delete
  4. Some days I am filled with energy and can check each job off my list. Other days I am a slug. LOL I hope you get all yours done and have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 6 days to get finished. Whatever is not done by them just will not be done. I hope we all have a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
    2. Don't be maligning slugs now, ya hear?

      Delete
  5. I feel much the same-visions of decorating but its coming together very slowly. Maintenance is a chore. Your carolers are pretty sweet. Likely all you'll see this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolers are not a big thing here. I am not sure why. My visions for the house are decreasing. I think I just want crap off the floors now!

      Delete
  6. Oh Anne, your list is long but you've obviously accomplished a lot too. I'm sure you'll get through it. In the meantime take a break once in awhile and let yourself enjoy what's been done. I'm pretty sure your company are quite able to make their own beds.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a good bit done today and the things that are undone are the easiest to put together.

      Delete
  7. Is it worth it? I wonder if perfection is overrated. I guess I've been locked down for too many months.

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not going for perfection, just a Christmas blowout. Is it worth it? Probably not

      Delete
  8. Get to work... I am tired of you excuses, says the woman that wants Christmas shut down right now. Working on attitude adjustment.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.