Translate

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Christmas Sightings Continue



 


Not that we can't have a good time when just the two of us are here, but we were very excited when Son3 and DIL3 arrived Sunday evening even earlier than we expected. I had turned on all the Christmas lights (and I do have a lot of them) and the house was pretty darn tidy! Whew! And now I am pretty darn tired, so this is going to be a very short post


Christmas sighting Day 20: I have built in corner cabinets in the dining room. When I had them built I thought to have outlets accessible for both of them. I am so glad I did because I decorate them seasonally and often use lights in some form or another. And when I don't have them decorated TheHub uses the outlets as his personal charging station.

I am including both of the cabinets here because they are a continuation of the same thing. For years TheHub and various sons would go to Alabama's homecoming game with various sons, and I would go to a wonderful little store that had a little bit of everything. Since homecoming was usually in late October, I started thinking about Christmas and would buy me a Dicken's Village house. As time went on my collection grew, until I had more than I wanted or needed and I stopped buying them. They live in different places each Christmas and found their home on the surface of the bottom cabinet this year.


True to his character wouldn't you know Ebeneezer Scrooge had his lights off! The old skinflint!


































24 comments:

  1. Loving your decorations.
    Thank you.
    And now rest - and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Dicken's Village. I have lots of buildings but from different collections. You spent your time well during the Alabama homecoming game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very specific with the Dicken's collection though other collections are very pretty.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad your son and dil arrived safely! What was your dil3's reaction when she saw your decorations? My daughter loved the Christmas tree and the wreath I hung in her room. :) Love your winter village! As for Mr. Scrooge with his lights off: Bah, Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was blown away by all the trees and lights.
      I know your daughter was happy to be home and have the Christmas decor in her room.

      Delete
  4. Love the village- I have a It's a Wonderful Life collection. Oldest daughter bought me a piece every year for a Christmas gift- it was sold at Target. I'm glad you have company- enjoythe kidlets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like having collections___until it is time to get rid of them. So far I have passed on the paper mâché Santas to Son1, and the nutcrackers to Son2. As soon as Son3 get a big enough place (not a Manhattan tiny apartment) the music boxes are his.

      Delete
  5. So glad to hear Son3 and DIL3 arrived safely. I love your beautiful Christmas village. You've been working hard to make sure everything is perfect, now it's time to relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And let the fun begin! So happy to here about the safe arrival of your visitors from the north.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a master at making typos, plus this new computer has preemptive spelling and auto correct. When I email Millie I really do want to send it to Millie, not Billie!

      Delete
  7. I just love those Dickens' houses. They look a little like the liquor miniatures you get on KLM flights (except those are of houses in Amsterdam). Glad your kids made it to you safely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, though I have never flown KLM nor bought a bottle of liquor on a flight I am going to have to do both just to get a collectible bottle.

      Delete
  8. Lovely village! Enjoy your time with your family.

    In response to your comment on my post, I'm guilty of spoiling my grandson too - he gets gifts from me throughout the year not just on birthday and Christmas. I was just annoyed with my daughter because she can't really afford to go as overboard as she did...though she did buy most of it earlier in the year on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I send too much, but I also spend as much FaceTime time with her as possible. I am just overcompensating for not being around her.

      Delete
  9. Your village looks lovely, Anne. You were smart to include the electrical outlets when designing the cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad and kind of surprised I thought to include the outlets. I only wish I had thought about what color I was going not finish the cabinet so the outlets would not be as obvious.

      Delete
  10. IT is the truth that outlets ar ein short supply in December! I love your Dickens House. My village is not as quaint-from Kohls over the years-but stopped receiving or buying them when I had run ou tof space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mini houses are adorable! Love your decorations. Hope you have a fabulous time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you., It is going to be fun.Son3 and DIL3 went and had Covid tests this morning__negtive!

      Delete
  12. You were wise to have corner cabinets built, and even wiser to have outlets. So glad you have Son3 and DIL3 with you.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.